Using a Dishnet reviever with a FTA system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

clayf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
I just got a hold of a free, authorized, dishnet receiver, and like most of you guys, I would like to make creative use of it. Is there a way to get around the linear/circular problem and add this receiver to my Pansat 3500SD system, using a 10' BUD? Perhaps slaving it to the FTA receiver? Thanks for the input.

The promblem is, using a Dishnetwork reciever for FTA is not really practicable because it will only lock on signals with a serial rate of 20000. Most if not all FTA is using a different serial rate. A few years ago you could get about 3-4 channels on IA5(G25), but not any more. The IRD itself does not care about linear/circular, it will work on either(11500mHz-circular/10750mHz-linear).

I think the OP wants to use their FTA receiver and the Dish Network receiver for their subscription programing.

The main issue I see is, since only one satellite can be passed through the if port the dish network receiver might complain.

The best solution would be to mount two circular LNBs onto the BUD and connect those to a dish network SW21 or similar switch and run another wire just to the dish network receiver.

thanks, If it won't hurt anything I might fool around with it, but I won't expect much. It was just a thought (I hate to throw away free gear)

you can use it to aim the satellite. I did that when I first started, except I used an old direct tv receiver... the beeps on that thing are really loud when it finds signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.