USLAS Motor Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phalaenopsis

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2017
NA
I recently got a SG100 motor (many thanks to Pixl) and I need help finding my true south satellite. My true south sat is supposed to be 83w but that satellite's gone, so do I use 87w or 82w? Will my Amiko Mini HD RE be able do circular polorization with a circular lnb that has a LO of 10750 if I decide to use 82w? For now I'm using DISEQC 1.2 to move it. I'm getting 87-105w.

Sent from my C6743 using the SatelliteGuys app!

You will be just fine using 87W. :)
Just follow the guide I posted here: How To Install a USALS Motor - Condensed Version
In there is also a link to a really detailed version. Just make sure your Lat and Long are entered correctly and go into setup for 87W and set it for USALS. You will see the motor move.
Anyway no need to re-write the book so to speak. :) The link above should get you going.

Thanks! So basically, I point it to true south then I use USLAS to move it to 87w then I move the whole assembly until I get the best quality from 87w. Is 72%Q on the CNN mux good enough for the amiko RE?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Cham
I get a Q of 63 on my HD RE and 90cm dish on an SG2100. Think I need a tune-up! :)

Reactions: KE4EST
I haven’t got the motor up and running yet because of the weather, snow in April. What annoys me the most is that before I tighten the brackets, I have a higher Q than after I tighten them. Any idea how to minimize Q loss when I tighten the brackets?

Image1524102409.243069.jpg

You may have to tighten in a different pattern. Get it almost tight, with a wee bit of wiggle room and re-peak...
Without being there and seeing what is going on, you will have to see what is shifting. Don't over tighten to the point of causing the pipe to misshape either.

Fred, I'll try to duplicate your SG2100 mod. I set up my motor today and I'm getting 58Q after tightening and before tightening Im getting 72Q. I got hispasat todday using my motor. 50 channels

Sent from my C6743 using the SatelliteGuys app!

A33, the modified angles are awesome! I get everything west of Hispasat! I’m getting 72% Quality on PBS on 125w! On a USLAS motorized 76cm wineguard!

Reactions: a33 and KE4EST
Glad to hear you got it going! I have been out of town all day. Nice surprise to come back to!

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
A33, the modified angles are awesome! I get everything west of Hispasat! I’m getting 72% Quality on PBS on 125w! On a USLAS motorized 76cm wineguard!

Thanks!
Yes, 'motor fine-tuning' usually means setting the angles to the 'modified motor angles'; apart from the true south aiming that is. :)

Because USALS (it's called USALS, by the way, not USLAS) normally doesn't seem to calculate with modified motor angles, but with unmodified 'motor axis parallel to earth axis' angles, you might want to trick USALS to calculate the modified rotation angles.
You can do that by entering the modified latitude value instead of the 'real' latitude value of your dish in your receiver. (Longitude stays the same.)

The difference is max 1/16 of a degree motor rotation, but then at a weak satellite that might be the difference....

greetz,
A33

Bring up the satellite setup screen. Press the SAT button on the remote and then press the corresponding color key, matching what is shown on right for add.
The rest should be self explanatory, if not let me know.
I also have videos on my YouTube channel covering different things on the RE. Michael Graves

Well, Today I got 15w with my motorized 76cm wineguard. 63%Q on Press TV. I’m very impressed to be getting this bird on a 76cm dish. 7.6 elevation for me. Does anyone know where all the encrypted channels are beamed at? Disney, HBO,TSN,etc. Couldn’t find them on lyngsat.
Image1524352802.531589.jpg

If you click on the provider name on Lyngsat, it goes to a page with the complete channel lineup.

Googling "Inter Satelital" suggests that they're intended for northwestern South America.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts