Video Game Deals

hmm... $1.49 for the Original Witcher game. Might be tempted to get that as I played Witcher 2 on the 360 and Witcher 3 on the PS4.

It's still a good game but the combat was really improved in 2 and especially 3. From what I saw in the 7-8 hours I tried to play it the story is just as good as it is in the sequels. The problem is that it's pretty dated in a few ways at this point. Not only is it a game from 2007, it was made before CD Projekt Red had found the success and resources they have now.

It is missing settings like Vsync that we take for granted these days. This meant that I had constant screen tearing with ugly horizontal lines all over the place because modern PC gaming hardware puts out much greater FPS than a standard 60 Hz monitor can display. If you have an Nvidia GPU you can force Vsync in the Nvidia Control Panel but I was using an older AMD GPU at the time I tried to play this and that wasn't an option for me.

The worst problem is that the game is somewhat buggy and the auto-save system isn't consistent. I had the game crash on me two sittings in a row and both times the auto-save system hadn't saved in over an hour so I was forced to replay the same couple hours of the game multiple times. The second crash at the same spot was the final straw for me. I wasn't going to replay the same hour for a third time.

This could have been prevented if I was more proactive about making manual saves but with how reliable auto-saves are in just about all modern games it just wasn't something I thought about. For $1.49 it's worth checking out. Even if you end up having the same problems I did you aren't really out anything. Just know what you are getting in to.

Reactions: Derwin0
I also found it was better to scroll within the Xbox which had better organization based on genre along with star ratings. I was going to pick up the Capcom Arcade collection until I saw it had barely a 3 star rating. If you can't get an arcade compilation right you have problems.

ok, i keep clicking on the add to cart, but its not working, care to explain how to redeem?
yes i have an account

Log into your account first before you add to your cart. Also, the site is probably getting slammed right now, so performance may not be great. You then need to put the FREEGIFT code into the Voucher Code area

ok, i keep clicking on the add to cart, but its not working, care to explain how to redeem?
yes i have an account

It defaults to a gift card redemption box. You have to click the tab that says redeem voucher after you have it in your cart.

GMG is also having a sale. Apparently it's their 7 year birthday so they are having a sale where you can get an extra 20% off anything (excluding pre-orders I'm assuming) using code 7YEARS.

found the issue, its now out of stock

It said that when I tried to do this yesterday too. There is a chance that it will work if you check back later. I think their birthday sale ends at 1:00PM ET (10 minutes from now) so you might be out of luck though.