Video Game Deals

Black Friday at Best Buy

Black Friday: Best Buy's ad bested by others
Doorbusters include extra games bundled with Xbox, PS3
Posted by Melinda Fulmer on Friday, November 13, 2009 3:54 PM
Holiday bargain shoppers are crying “Bah Humbug!” after seeing the leaked Black Friday ad from electronics giant Best Buy.

Many of its so-called hot deals on laptops, GPS devices and TVs have already been bested by pre-Turkey Day sales from Target, Sears, Wal-Mart and others, says Michael Brim, founder of BFads.net, which posted the ad.

However, there are some gaming doorbusters to be had. Consoles are regular price, but a number of hot game titles are thrown in to sweeten the deal. (Console makers don’t condone big discounts off their suggested retail price, so Best Buy and others use gift cards and free games to get shoppers to open their wallets.)

The 120 GB Sony Playstation 3, $299, is bundled with Little Big Planet and Ratchet & Clank.

The Xbox 360 Elite 1GB system is selling for $299 with the standard Lego Batman and Pure titles, as well as four extra games such as Ghost Recon 2 and Spiderman: Web of Shadows.

Other doorbuster deals on Xbox 360 and PS3 game titles include Left 4 Dead 2, Dragon Age, Brutal Legend and Madden 10 for $34.99 instead of $59.99.

And some people dissecting the ad on bargain sites were excited about the $200 Samsung BD-P1600 Blu-ray player or Sony BDP-S360 Blu-ray for $149.99 with a free movie. (Many of the recent Blu-ray movie releases, such as Monsters vs. Aliens, are also priced at $9.99).

Will this be enough to get people camping out before its 5 a.m. opening? We'll see. The chain is offering 18-month, no-interest financing for purchases over $249.

Still, most shoppers trolling online deals sites won’t budget for Best Buy -- unless it has another secret sale like last year, where the chain promoted some last-minute bargains online

Steam is having a 5-day 1-day sale. I know that sounds weird, but basically it means a bunch of changing deals. Right now they have some KILLER deals like 50% off Far Cry 2 and Batman: Arkham Asylum, as well as some good deals on bundles, which are already better deals to begin with.

Early Holiday Sale

Guitar Hero Store is having some deals, including 10% off (put in promo code TENOFF) and free 2 day shipping from now till the 22nd.

Also, if you're really cheap but in the mood for a classic adventure game experience, Good Old Games has Tex Murphy 1 + 2 for free until December 31st.

Team Fortress 2 just had another class update, so there's a free-to-play weekend going on, and during the time, you can buy TF2 for only $9.99. If you have a capable PC and are at ALL into FPS action, there's NO reason to not participate in this. I did for the last big update and haven't regretted it. This is a great value.

Team Fortress 2 on Steam

Amazon is having an XBox360 Day..... Every two hours it is another item...

Left for Dead 2 for $35 right now for all day .... They have Assassin's Creed 2 for $39 now as well, but only for two hours ....

They only left a clue for the next one, but my guess is Dragon Age: Origins (which is my addiction of choice right now.... I'm never gonna finish this thing before Mass Effect 2 comes out)

Amazon.com Gold Box: New Deals. Every Day.

(Scott or mods... feel free to edit if you have a hyperlink that kicks a little back to the home team for clickthrough)

Last edited:
Amazon is having an XBox360 Day..... Every two hours it is another item...

Left for Dead 2 for $35 right now for all day .... They have Assassin's Creed 2 for $39 now as well, but only for two hours ....

They only left a clue for the next one, but my guess is Dragon Age: Origins (which is my addiction of choice right now.... I'm never gonna finish this thing before Mass Effect 2 comes out)

Amazon.com Gold Box: New Deals. Every Day.

(Scott or mods... feel free to edit if you have a hyperlink that kicks a little back to the home team for clickthrough)

All you have to do is put the link in a post and it gives the site credit.

All you have to do is put the link in a post and it gives the site credit.

Excellent!

The site now has Dragon Age Origins for $38. Based on the fact that this one has as much gameplay as Oblivion, you can't beat the bang for your buck on this one....

Original Left 4 Dead up now for $20 for another 30 minutes or so.... I'm guessing Modern Warfare 2 is after that... "First person Military shooter" is all they are giving you as a clue

Midnightbox.com has 2 refurbished PS3s for sale, a PS3 Slim and an 80GB model for $250 and $235 respectively. The slims are almost sold out as of 8:46am, but if you're still looking for a BC model with all those fun usb and memory card ports in tact (not to mention SACD playback), you can pick one up.

Steam is having a sale on the game Trine, which has been discounted from $20 to $5. For those who haven't played it or heard of it, Trine is a 2.5D side scrolling adventure with a physics engine where you take control of 3 characters at a time. The game was a good deal at $20, and $5 makes it almost insulting to NOT buy it. Hurry though, because the sale ends on 2/12, meaning today is the last day.

Trine on Steam

Steam is having a sale on the game Trine, which has been discounted from $20 to $5. For those who haven't played it or heard of it, Trine is a 2.5D side scrolling adventure with a physics engine where you take control of 3 characters at a time. The game was a good deal at $20, and $5 makes it almost insulting to NOT buy it. Hurry though, because the sale ends on 2/12, meaning today is the last day.

Trine on Steam

Damn, I've been wanting this from the PSN, but not for $20. Too bad I don't game on my PC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)