Viewsat 9000 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pete07

Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Hello, I am very new to the satellite community. I just bought the viewsat 9000HD receiver a month ago. Works fine but unable to receive HD or box not able to project 720p or above. The guy I bought it from stated that I may need a "pre-amp" or something to boost the power so that it can project 720p and above. If anybody can provide me with some information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, when I had my 9000 hoooked up, it worked fine, not sure what the pre-amp is about. Maybe some more info from you is needed... What channels are you trying to get, what is your setup?

that makes no sense. The box can get HD channels just fine...it depends on what you are trying to pick up

Just to revisit a bit. The Pre-amp might be in reference to the OTA side of the box signals etc, but it would have nothing to do with what resolutions the unit can output and not have anything to do with FTA (at least none that I know of).

It will definitely output 720p and even 1080i. As Satinkzo just said the preamp must be for OTA and has nothing to do with resolution. Tell us exactly what you are trying to do and we can help.

Hello, I am very new to the satellite community. I just bought the viewsat 9000HD receiver a month ago. Works fine but unable to receive HD or box not able to project 720p or above. The guy I bought it from stated that I may need a "pre-amp" or something to boost the power so that it can project 720p and above. If anybody can provide me with some information on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Tell us what HD channel you are viewing that is NOT HD . That would be a start to understanding the issue.

The VS9000 outputs video to all outputs at all times. Could this be as simple as using the composite video output, could it? Because you CAN use that to display an HD channel on a SD tv, or HD tv, if you want. But it will only give you 480i and a moderately distorted screen. That's how I've got my TV in my bedroom hooked up to the Viewsat.

Doing that, it definately won't be outputing 720p or higher. And no amp will help with that. But put someone that doesn't know what's going on with someone that doesn't necessarily understand the problem the way it was explained and an inline amp might be the answer given.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts