ViP 622 & 722 Running Bug Thread

dendavis said:
This just cropped up Wednesday night (9/20). Was watching a recorded program and put it on pause. When I brought the show back on, there was no sound. Checked all the connections, they were fine, tried other components, i.e. DVD, they were fine, as was the signal from another source directly to the Sony, so the television sound system and the entertainment system were not the problem. While waiting for a tech. to come on the phone, I tried their suggestion of a power recycle. Funny thing, when I went to the box, I noticed all the lights were out. Anyway, a power recycle did restore the sound. Next night, just going to another previously recorded program was enough to kill the sound, and, again, the lights on the box were out.:confused:

Welcome to the world of being a forced beta tester for E*'s latest software screw-up. :mad:

Everytime I hit pause, I hold my breath, hoping I won't need to reboot. Its been fine this morning, so far, but since the software hasn't been updated, the problem is still out there!!

Ok, it's good (or maybe not) that my father and I aren't the only ones that have noticed audio problems lately. Not sure about my father, but I am not using HDMI and have had several times with no audio and had to reboot. My father was complaining of audio drop outs, not completely....I agree with an earlier poster, this is a major problem that needs to be fixed ASAP!

borfhead said:
Ok, it's good (or maybe not) that my father and I aren't the only ones that have noticed audio problems lately. Not sure about my father, but I am not using HDMI and have had several times with no audio and had to reboot. My father was complaining of audio drop outs, not completely....I agree with an earlier poster, this is a major problem that needs to be fixed ASAP!

Many of the people reporting this, including myself, use optical for audio; don't think it has anything to do with hdmi. And I think people are reporting it with component video too.

rockymtnhigh said:
Many of the people reporting this, including myself, use optical for audio; don't think it has anything to do with hdmi. And I think people are reporting it with component video too.
I am using component/optical and haven't noticed any sound problems. However, I still have a problem with SD - particularly the locals and RSN's. The action gets very jerky, kind of like an internet transmission.

Anyone know how widespread the sound problem is? I had to reset my 622 7 times tonight. 3 while watching DVR. It is such a PITA. Can't Dish back out the update and figure out the bug then re-release it? This is getting ridiculious.

scott78945 said:
Anyone know how widespread the sound problem is? I had to reset my 622 7 times tonight. 3 while watching DVR. It is such a PITA. Can't Dish back out the update and figure out the bug then re-release it? This is getting ridiculious.

I hate writing this, because I am still watching tv, and I don't want to jinx anything, but I have managed to keep the sound all night without a drop-out, BUT I have not hit pause once. I have skipped forward and back; and when I wanted to pause I just let it go forward and then skipped back.

Its a pain in the rear, but it worked so far. Hopefully they'll get a fix soon!

I havee been getting about one drop-out per hour. I'm not sure if it's my 622 or the local ABC affiliates jacking with their encoders. The drop-out is for about 3 seconds.

I got three video freezes last night while trying to record three things and three spontaneous reboots. THis SUCKS big time. I am back to baby sitting my dvr again. And the tv entertainment feature still has nothing on it recorded yet. Isn't that why Dish rushed this peice of SH*t software out in the first place?:mad:

Had my first loss of audio with HDMI yesterday AND loss of local HD. Had to power down and re-program. It also lost my resolution set-up.

Today, I lost audio and had to reboot. It is not just HD's, but all channels. Also both TV1 and TV2.

L363 software on the 622.

I haven't had any audio dropouts whatsoever (using analog audio, in single mode). I've had one spontaneous reboot. It lost my location setting in the channel 100 Accuweather application, although I don't care about that.

What I have now found is that no only does the audio go out but that while watching tv it will all of a sudden freeze and reboot itself. I can't see how all this rebooting can be good for these boxes...but thats why I lease it instead of buying it.

TV2 picture quality over Coax...

grb said:
I recall earlier in the forum that someone said the TV2 picture quality was poor on the non-HD TV. Does anyone else have this problem? I assume that the connection to TV2 is coaxial from the 622 to the second TV. !

I've hav my 622 ~1 month and my TV2 picture quality over coax degrades/comes back then degrades again. First white horizontal lines on the picture then the picture becomes very saturated (begins to look like a primary-color painting). This is intermittent. My previous receiver was a 522 and the TV2 coax picture quality was perfect. Perhaps I have a defective unit?

I use single mode with HDMI to main tv and coaxial out to the PC and other TV I have in the back
I have had audio in the past go out requiring a reboot but so far it's been ok

On the coax quality. I have a 522 and the 622 going to my back TV using two coaxial cables ( duel cable )
I use the AUX to swap from the two AUX inputs on my 'old' Sony to swap receivers and I can't tell the difference at all.
522 is on Channel 3 and the 622 is on 60

I think your unit may just be bad!
I have ruuan this setup since Feb xx when I got the 622 so it's had time to mess up on me for sure

Regarding the audio loss problem, at least on my system, the drop outs occur on only one tuner at a time. Rather than resetting the receiver, try pressing the "Swap" key. This switches to another tuner and solves my problem without having to miss much of what I'm watching.

Gerry

After threatening to abandon Dish over the audio problem, I received this from Dish via e-mail..........

============================
Dear Mr. Swentsky [sic],

Thank you for your email. Our engineering department is aware of this issue; it has been determined the issue is software related and we are actively working to resolve it as soon as possible. It will be resolved with a software update in the near future. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please unplug the HDMI cable from your television and receiver. Unplug the receiver from the electrical outlet for at least 2 minutes. After the receiver has turned back on, please reconnect the cable. If this does not resolve your issue please contact our technical support department at 1-800-333-3474 for a replacement. Our representatives are available 24 ours a day, 7 days a week.

As a current customer, you may always use our website to view your current or previous billing statements, add services, or make payments to your account. Please use the link https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/UserManagement/login.jsp to visit our Online Customer Support Center.

Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to www.dishnetwork.com or reply to this email.

Sincerely,

[Name deleted]

DISH Network Technical E-Care

** Please include all previous correspondence when replying. **

============================

Gerry

I just had my 622 installed Saturday - I LOVE IT! Except for the audio being lost if I hit FF or Rew too many times/too fast. All lights on the front go dark, and I have to reboot. :( Also, I loose video sometimes after I scan local hd channels - I still can change channels, and can see the quality meter, but no picture. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon!

iafirebuff said:
I just had my 622 installed Saturday - I LOVE IT! Except for the audio being lost if I hit FF or Rew too many times/too fast. All lights on the front go dark, and I have to reboot. :( Also, I loose video sometimes after I scan local hd channels - I still can change channels, and can see the quality meter, but no picture. Hopefully they will fix this bug soon!

iafirebuff-- what a crappy introduction to what has for the most part been a great dvr; at least for the past several months!

Each night I go to bed hoping to find L3.64 the next morning. :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)