VIP 922 coming my way...

I have a 922 and to activate mine they wouldn't let me activate it on my home account, said I had to activate it as a showroom account.

Had no problems getting it activated on the showroom account.

"I called Dish CS and asked her if any problems activating this unit. She said no. Could do it with her or online. Asked for additional info on the set, she said it looked like a mid September release. Price would be $425."

Just to clarify, was the CSR suggesting the 922 would be available to the general public in mid-September? And, as a follow-up, is that the upgrade price, the price for new customers, the purchase price, etc.? Anyone else with knowledge? (I was led to believe earlier it would be around $200 for DIU; is that still everyone's guess?)

She spent some time looking for information, couldn't find much and my perception was that she was telling what she had heard. She did say several times about the $425 as being the cost of the unit. I asked her about the upgrade price and she did not have that.

Nope I just called the regular number to activate it. 800-333-DISH.

BTW the box it comes in looks just like the box a 622 or 722 comes in, just got a different sticker on the side. :)

I took these quick pictures (with my iPhone), one of the box label, one of the contents of the Dish shipper box and one of the unit.

I'll try and activate it on Friday and see how it goes.

Sorry I did not realize that others on this forum had plenty of info on this unit. My bad... Just trying to contribute for the greater good. Other than entertainment value, I realize I don't have much to contribute, based on the previous posts. I'm out...

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_0205.JPG
    IMG_0205.JPG
    291.2 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    317.8 KB · Views: 532
I took these quick pictures (with my iPhone), one of the box label, one of the contents of the Dish shipper box and one of the unit.

Sorry I did not realize that others on this forum had plenty of info on this unit. My bad... Just trying to contribute for the greater good. Other than entertainment value, I realize I don't have much to contribute, based on the previous posts. I'm out...
Thanks for replying back. Most of us were skeptical due to the fact that this unit is not shipping yet. It is still in beta testing and not available to customers. I hope that you can activate the 922 with no problems. There are so many scams on Ebay that we felt that you may have fell prey to one. If you can activate the 922, please contribute to the 922 Beta Feedback Forum. Good luck with your new 922.:D

I hope you have no problems getting it turned on:up

Also, please do not take comments said here personally, I am sure many were just skeptical, I know I was a little.
We look forward to hearing your experiences with the unit, and hope you contribute more in the future

I can't beleive you were able to get a 922. What kind of person would be selling that online already, before it's even released. How much did you buy it for?

Any chance you can get a picture of the back for us?

It's got a built-in Sling and uses the Ethernet connection for TV3. That does look like a Wi-fi antenna!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts