Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jailbird said:
I noticed the VOOM logo/ad has disappeared from the "SatelliteGuys Gold Sponsors" header. Does that count as a 'sign'? :)

Its still there as I type this message....

rvsixer said:
Its still there as I type this message....

I wish to retract my stupidity :)...

It seems to have been some Ad Blocker that I had installed. No clue why it only blocked the VOOM logo and not the other two...

Sorry!

jailbird said:
I wish to retract my stupidity :)...
Ok, we can delete those posts. ;)
It seems to have been some Ad Blocker that I had installed. No clue why it only blocked the VOOM logo and not the other two...

Sorry!
The other two are static (locally stored images), while VOOM logo and banners are dynamically updated by the advertiser. That's probably why.

It's funny. A month ago we were all $itching about Voom dragging their feet with the DVR. Now we're praying we just continue to have a signal day to day. Who would have thought :smug

It's funny. A month ago we all were screaming for the DVR, threatening to leave if we didn't see it at CES. Now we're all just praying to have a signal when we get home from work everyday. Crazy :smug

Please read the first post of this thread before posting. Any posts unrelated to the topic at hand will be deleted. Thank you.

DO NOT POST STUFF THAT HAVE ALREADY BEING POSTED IN OTHER THREADS. This thread should be only for signs that the end is coming. Please do not give us your own opinion of what you think it is going to happen, ONLY post if you see any of these events happening or if you want me to add any more.

called my local dealer who installed my voom, and they said it was business as usual

In addition, my wife told me she say advertising for voom for the first time yesterday

gutter said:
Fact. Saw new promos for new shows on VOOM exclusives for February. Just stated airing yesterday that I noticed.

Sean, I was staying on topic and specific to Point #2. So many have expressed their expectation that VOOM will go dark on January 31st. I am just stating the fact the promos and programs are being advertisied into Feb and others have seen into March. If they wanted to stop the bleeding, regardless of how they prepared their budget, all they have to do is give the order to stop and canel advertising, contacts etc. It would be done immediately. Just because you have a budget to spend doesn't mean you have to spend it. I can't tell you how many millions of dollars I have spent produceing commericals buying airtime and planning to all have to cancel it in less than 48 hours. So it can and does happen often.

Sean feel free to remove this if you like.

As an employee of Rainbow and Voom who is getting laid off (tomorrow is my last day), the latest infomation employee have is that everything is on hold until a board meeting Monday that will determine what to do with the remaining Voom assets. So wait until late monday night or tuesday to find out the outcome of the meeting. There is no sense in speculating right now because there is no clear answer until Monday

Voom Not Paying Advertising!

I subscribe to www.ilovehdtv.com, and get programming guides delivered via e-mail on a daily basis, except for today. The following qoute is from an e-mail sent out today as the explanation for no guide:

"The Grid Guide and the Daily Program Guide (email) have been suspended temporarily due to the collapse of VOOM and their non-payment to HDTV Magazine for advertising (many thousands of dollars), which has in turn led to our default with our data supplier, Tribune."

Is a similar thing happening with this web site and advertising?

If you sold your car to a neighbor, why would you still buy gas for it?
When a company is sold all bets are off and everything stops, that is, if the company is going to be killed off. You wouldnt see any voom ad's, or anything. Even if they already purchased, no ad's would air and someone would be stuck. Thats the way the buy-out wars work. But then, if a company is sold, and the new owners intend to continue operations as normal, you'll still see plenty of life. Voom is still in the new owners plans. Owning a new high tech HD satellite company isnt a minus...

Sorry...but I don't get the analogy?
VOOM hasn't been sold, which is sort of the problem now, isn't it? Which is why we have this thread. If VOOM HAD been sold, we'd be waiting to see what the new owners were going to do.

I'd say that skakusha's info isn't necessarily the death knell, but it ain't pretty.

Lob

davis_mcgreaw said:
As an employee of Rainbow and Voom who is getting laid off (tomorrow is my last day), the latest infomation employee have is that everything is on hold until a board meeting Monday that will determine what to do with the remaining Voom assets. So wait until late monday night or tuesday to find out the outcome of the meeting. There is no sense in speculating right now because there is no clear answer until Monday
Scarey, Monday is 1/31/05, we could all be calling a new provider on Tuesday 2/1/05

Skakucha's -- but especially Davis' -- are about the worst "signs" I think we've seen. Davis, d you know the extent of the layoffs in number or scope? I'm now troubled I may never see Voom again. (I've been away on business the pasr 10 days, and won't return until next Wednesday.) :(

davis_mcgreaw said:

Where did this guy ever give proof that he was a Voom employee. This board is full of Trolls that get their jollies seeing Voomers panic at the mere talk of Voom going dark.

Besides, I golf every Wednesday with Bill Gates and he told me that he was planning on buying Voom.

r.jones1116 said:
Where did this guy ever give proof that he was a Voom employee. This board is full of Trolls that get their jollies seeing Voomers panic at the mere talk of Voom going dark.

Besides, I golf every Wednesday with Bill Gates and he told me that he was planning on buying Voom.
\n

From previous posts Davis has said he is a freelance production assistant with Voom21. I believe he is the real thing from his posts last week. Just go back through his profile and look at his posts.

Will today be "Pink Slip" Friday? Makes sense to me that if Voom has no funding past 1/31/05 today would be the day to lock the doors and send the employees home. That way they would not have to pay employees for next Monday. Am I the only one who thinks this could happen? I'm sure they will not give them any advance notice, it will be pack your belongings and leave.

Regards

I have a local service tech coming to my house tomw regarding OTA antenna upgrade. Spoke to him late yesterday afternoon. For whatever it is worth, he is sure acting as though it was business as usual. We'lll see...

Martin21

skakusha said:
Is a similar thing happening with this web site and advertising?

Scott should respond to your question more clearly. As far as I know satelliteguys received payments for the ads. I do not know all the details of the transactions and whether the current contract has expired or extended.

Various post have been deleted for not keeping in the spirit of the thread. This thread is not about anyone's opinions but signs of death or life for VOOM. I will continue deleting posts that do not conform to this on this thread (including this one). There are other threads where all speculations or discussions can be discussed. Even if there is none, we encourage anyone to start a new one. Thanks for your cooperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts