Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
vurbano said:
#18 Satelliteguys doesnt advertise Voom in February. This one bothers me the most.

It seems to be Scott's choice, not Voom's....

Well I just got off the phone with Voom. I went ahead and ordered the VaVaVoom up grade to my programming. I know, I said I did it last week but just now got around to it.

Anyway, jill, the very nice sounding CSR in Washington State did a VERY good job reading the canned response to my question concerning possible death of Voom on Monday. She sounded soooo...sweet while making small talk about the weather in Washington State I just had to believe what she read about Voom's plans! We will see on Monday or,... in about 2 weeks if she is correct. :D

Just got off the phone with Dish to downgrade my programming to AT120 and no HD package. I asked the Dish CSR if she knew anything about the Voom/Dish interaction. She stated that the understanding Dish employees has or have been given to believe is this. Dish has no involvement with, or control of Voom's programming and will not, or cannot make any difference on Voom's immediate future plans. This would confirm the sale was for hardware only and does not involve Voom programming. And this is what we all believe today.This also tells me not much is going to happen one way or another with Voom until the deal is signed, sealed, and paid for by Dish and gets any stamps of approval that it needs from the Govt. So with that I sit back and enjoy more Voom and watch the paint dry and grass grow!

Boy I hope you're for Real:

it Seems as tho you want Voom: Most of your post's suggest that: keep up the good work but give up Echostar. to to OTA of Bust... " we give up 3 Channel's, Tnt,HD,IND: that's all: Espn has very few HD programs any replys on this ??

kelljc said:
it Seems as tho you want Voom: Most of your post's suggest that: keep up the good work but give up Echostar. to to OTA of Bust... " we give up 3 Channel's, Tnt,HD,IND: that's all: Espn has very few HD programs any replys on this ??
ESPN has lots of HD, every day. Of course, most of the HD shows are repeats of SportsCenter. :)

Even so, I have seen lots of Sunday baseball and football games in HD, and the OU/UCONN game was in HD a couple of Monday's ago.

I think the bad weather in the NorthEast this week affected the movement of HD trucks around the country, so some of the scheduled college hoops games were broadcast in SD instead of HD.

Do you belive what you Just Stated:

mdonnelly said:
ESPN has lots of HD, every day. Of course, most of the HD shows are repeats of SportsCenter. :)

Even so, I have seen lots of Sunday baseball and football games in HD, and the OU/UCONN game was in HD a couple of Monday's ago.

I think the bad weather in the NorthEast this week affected the movement of HD trucks around the country, so some of the scheduled college hoops games were broadcast in SD instead of HD.

ESPN has very few Hour's of Live Programing in HD: I get the bar's just like everyone else does. don't you???

Sign:

They are not updating their website.
Crutchfield is still listed as a retailer. Crutchfield bailed a while ago.
I wonder if the website is on a skeleton crew?

Newbie with SOME info...

;) Ok, I am a newb to this forum and feel a bit sheepish about this admission. I finally talked my wife into letting me go to Voom which took a huge effort since they do not offer some of the channels she prefers...anyway I placed a new order last night. Installation is scheduled for 2-7 from 8AM-12PM.
I had no idea about this purchase by E* until today when I started reading up on Voom a bit. I guess I should have done my homework in advance, but I digress.
Soooo...after reading all of the posts I could take I called a CSR from Dish and got the good 'ol "Sorry, I have no clue as to what you are talking about...but I can sign you up for Dish Network....", sucker...no THANKS.
Soo, about an hour later..which was 15 minutes ago, I called an email from INstalls, Inc. confirming my installation appointment.
I don't know if this is good, bad or otherwise but I wanted to pass this on to all of you folks that are holding your breath out there.
I would certainly hope that Dish somehow manages to assimilate (much like the Borg!!) Voom's customers as well as their HD programming, or at least a majority of it. So, there's my $.02 worth...anyone have change?

Were does this stuff come From?

rtt2 said:
Sign:

They are not updating their website.
Crutchfield is still listed as a retailer. Crutchfield bailed a while ago.
I wonder if the website is on a skeleton crew?

I live in " OHIO" who is Cruthfield" you talk like it is some major store ?? well guess what " NOT"

kelljc said:
I live in " OHIO" who is Cruthfield" you talk like it is some major store ?? well guess what " NOT"

http://www.crutchfield.com

A mail-order catlogue and electronics retailer based in Virginia. Typically mid to middle-high range products.

They were advertising Voom for a while, but that relationship ended.

CDH.

Indy said:
So with that I sit back and enjoy more Voom and watch the paint dry and grass grow!

You have been watching too much of Trading Places on Discovery HD. lol

No He know'w HDTV trust that:

gutter said:
You have been watching too much of Trading Places on Discovery HD. lol
::

You can get Dicovery HD anywhere : big deal. wer're talking about VOOM:

scootman said:
;) Ok, I am a newb to this forum and feel a bit sheepish about this admission. I finally talked my wife into letting me go to Voom which took a huge effort since they do not offer some of the channels she prefers...anyway I placed a new order last night. Installation is scheduled for 2-7 from 8AM-12PM.
I had no idea about this purchase by E* until today when I started reading up on Voom a bit. I guess I should have done my homework in advance, but I digress.
Soooo...after reading all of the posts I could take I called a CSR from Dish and got the good 'ol "Sorry, I have no clue as to what you are talking about...but I can sign you up for Dish Network....", sucker...no THANKS.
Soo, about an hour later..which was 15 minutes ago, I called an email from INstalls, Inc. confirming my installation appointment.
I don't know if this is good, bad or otherwise but I wanted to pass this on to all of you folks that are holding your breath out there.
I would certainly hope that Dish somehow manages to assimilate (much like the Borg!!) Voom's customers as well as their HD programming, or at least a majority of it. So, there's my $.02 worth...anyone have change?
let us know if they do come and Install--that would be telling

new install

I will be sure to do that. I really do hope that this install happens. I think I will give Voom a call and see what they have to say. I am sure you all have done that already but maybe I can gleen some new insight. I will keep you posted. Thanks.

new installation

My install happened 6 days ago, the local installer did a good job, I love the HD channels. I hope that Voom stays afloat. However if not it will not be the end of the world as it is apparent that HD is the future. Just some of us are more aggressive than others with our wants. I also have Time Warner Cable at another home and watched a never before seen (by me) 30 minuet infomercial on Voom last week. I want to personally say thank you for all of the insight you have given us new HD users, equipment, upgrades, cables, and all.

Dish would have a great opportunity to add 26,000 subscribers if they did carry part or all of VOOM's programming. Otherwise everyone will probably split 50/50 on cable and *D. If someone would just offer all Premium HD channels that would be a great improvement in HDTV programming. HBO, Showtime, Encore, The Movie Channel, Starz,
& Cinemax each have 2 satellites; East & West. That's 12 HDTV channels. And having East & West certainly helps in setting up your evening movie programming within the 6-11pm hours which are usually when I watch. I use my Tivo for sponsored shows so I can skip commercials the next day when I watch. Also, I find myself watching UHD a lot because their interruptions are very short and the shows finish in about 47 minutes.
Keep your fingers crossed......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)