Voom Alive! --- 21 days & counting (post sale of Rainbow 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter said:
The Voom ad is gone from AVS. It use to be in the top right corner.

No big deal, Hopefully Voom will put that money towards a more aggressive
ad campaign. Think about it, those of us who frequent the AVS forum already know about Voom or have it. IMO, it was redundant to have a banner here and at AVS.

r.jones1116 said:
But you both missed the post that stated that Voom afterall will be advertising with SatGuys in February. I believe Sean stated it in one of his posts

Ditto my point.

Don't know if its truly a sign of things winding down at Voom, but showing "Groundhog Day" on the ten exclusive movie channels sure looks like a painful way of exiting the satellite business.

its a joke

JimP said:
Don't know if its truly a sign of things winding down at Voom, but showing "Groundhog Day" on the ten exclusive movie channels sure looks like a painful way of exiting the satellite business.
if you saw the movie, a single day was playing over and over again

I used to own a company that was also a Dish Network Retailer and I am still on the email list. I received a Dish Network Facts Blast today with a mention of the Cablevision sale of Rainbow 1. So here is the entire paragraph related to the purchase of Rainbow 1. Enjoy!

CABLEVISION
EchoStar announced that it has agreed to purchase certain satellite assets from Rainbow DBS Co., a subsidiary of
Cablevision Systems Corporation, for $200 million. Specifically, EchoStar has agreed to purchase Rainbow 1, a direct
broadcast satellite (“DBS”) located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude, together with the rights to 11 DBS frequencies at
that location. The satellite includes 13 frequencies, up to 12 of which can be operated in “spot beam” mode. The
EchoStar III satellite is also located at 61.5 degrees West Longitude and broadcasts DISH Network TV programming to
hundreds of thousands of consumers today using DBS spectrum licensed to EchoStar at that location. EchoStar is
assessing how the Rainbow satellite’s flexibility can best be utilized to enhance DISH Network’s existing service.
Please note that we cannot offer the Voom television service via this satellite because the purchase does not include
Voom’s programming, customer list or other related assets. The deal is subject to regulatory review, and at this time,
we cannot predict exactly when it might close. For updates, please stay tuned to upcoming Retailer Chats and Facts
Blasts.

This is really a joke! But true

Hey my husband is so excited about Ground Hog Day being shown in High Def. He said he is going to watch it over and over and over. :yikes LOL I guess I be at the pc tonight.

At least someone at VOOM still has a sense of humor; showing "Groundhog Day" on all 10 Cinema 10 channels. Good move. How about jazzing up Moov? It all seems to be animation these days. Please extend Tank and show those great snow and rain scenes you were showing last year. At night particularly you should slow down the pace of the scenes.

VOOM......we're still here watching. Just had a thought. Maybe Dolan can use HDNEWS to address the situation should he need to appeal to the viewers???

Got a VOOM email

As part of the Voom email list, I got an email today advertising one month left in the Voom "3 Rooms for $1" promotion. I'm assuming that falls in the line with some of the "business as usual" comments.

Voom still sending emails seeking new installs

I just got an email from Voom, advertising the 3 rooms for $1 offer.
"Sign up for VOOM now because this offer ends March 1."

Likewise on the email

Haven't set the appointment for re-install yet, so they got me off their former customer list.

Just got back from the optometrist, and my new rose colored glasses are starting to work real well...I'm gonna take all this funny stuff as good signs!! :D

Besides...I just saw Paul Harvey at Starbucks...talking to some guy wearing a shiny silver suit and sitting on a white horse ;) :clap Also heard sounds like distant horses...maybe the Calvary?

Please, Wake up

:shocked Voom is over, yes, you can subscribe, yes it still works, but they are done, as soon as FCC approves it. Which they will. I suggest getting the 1.00 install, and keeping the recievers for boat anchors when they go belly up! Seriously, its amazing to keep reading your comments about how Voom is staying alive. IT OVER KIDS! Get it now, HD receivers will make nice OTA Antennas. Peace and Hair Greeeeeese

mike528 said:
I just got an email from Voom, advertising the 3 rooms for $1 offer.
"Sign up for VOOM now because this offer ends March 1."
That's better than:
"Sign up for VOOM now because Voom ends March 1." :D

mikeywilk said:
:shocked Voom is over, yes, you can subscribe, yes it still works, but they are done, as soon as FCC approves it. Which they will. I suggest getting the 1.00 install, and keeping the recievers for boat anchors when they go belly up! Seriously, its amazing to keep reading your comments about how Voom is staying alive. IT OVER KIDS! Get it now, HD receivers will make nice OTA Antennas. Peace and Hair Greeeeeese

Maybe you shouldnt be losing sleep over all this if you dont have Voom. You are a good servant for spreading the word. Your job is done here. :)

Todd

mikeywilk said:

I guess you were one of those who believed that VOOm would be done January 31. Now we hear March 1st. maybe yes a or maybe no. Lot of options out there for Mr. Dolan. Don't forget that All of Cablevision might be sold to Time-Warner also.

mikeywilk said:
:shocked Voom is over, yes, you can subscribe, yes it still works, but they are done, as soon as FCC approves it. Which they will. I suggest getting the 1.00 install, and keeping the recievers for boat anchors when they go belly up! Seriously, its amazing to keep reading your comments about how Voom is staying alive. IT OVER KIDS!
Last I checked - about 3 minutes ago, before my son started playing PS2 - it IS still alive.

If you don't have Voom (which I'm guessing you don't), why do you care what anyone else does? I'm not counting my chickens - odds are Voom will go away, I realize that. But why shouldn't I enjoy it while I still can? Since no one is saying anything publicly, we have nothing to do but speculate, and hope for the best.

If the signal goes dark one day, I'll get a new provider - simple as that. I don't get all the Voom haters telling us to get off the ship before it sinks. We're going to pay for it if we don't get out while we can. It's only friggin TV - what does going down with the ship "hurt"?

If the ship sinks, we aren't going to drown. We'll be on safely on dry land, and we can replace our "ship" at that point, and get back out on the water. Worse case, we'll miss out on crappy TV for a few days. I'm sure most on this board are HT enthusiasts, and probably have a bunch of unwatched DVDs to catch up on like I do anyway... :)

Go to www.satbiznews.com
look at the right column the one that says Satellite Business News Fax Update

For the day of Wednesday February 1st. One byline reads:

"NEWS & NOTES: Cablevision’s board of directors met Monday and could shut the Voom service down as early as late this week"

Now if anyone subscribes it would be great to get the whole story. But these people have had the inside story for the entire ride of VOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)