Voom Box Version V00.05.08. Bugs/Problems/Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I lost all DD5.1 in every channel (that's what it looks like). I am rebooting the stb now and see what happens. Anyone else lost all Digital Dolby output? What's going on? Are the monsters trying to scare my digital receiver?:)

I turned on my other receiver just to make sure that my receiver was ok. The E* 6000 receiver confirms that my receiver is ok. I am just not getting Dolby Digital output from Voom.

I found the problem it looks like one of my kids changed the settings on the receiver. I am getting it back.

Sean Mota said:
Well, I lost all DD5.1 in every channel (that's what it looks like). I am rebooting the stb now and see what happens. Anyone else lost all Digital Dolby output? What's going on? Are the monsters trying to scare my digital receiver?:)
I also lost DD5.1 in all channels last night. It was getting back by turning power of audio system OFF/ON. So I thought it was something not related to V* box.

I am also experiencing the LFE thumping reported by others. I also experienced this while watching some old B/W movies when I had E*. It is very annoying.

For the benefit of everyone...

Date: Tue Jan 6, 2004 9:24 am
Subject: Re: technical difficulties

Wilt,

the popping sound only comes up in the 21 HD exclusive channels. It
does not come up on Starz-HD, Show-HD, or TMC-HD. I do not know
about the SD channels since I do not watch them a lot. It does not
comes up on the locals either whether transmitting HD or not.

Date: Tue Jan 6, 2004 9:18 am
Subject: RE: [VOOM] Re: technical difficulties

Actually, since this is the first I've heard of, or noticed, anyone talking about audio issues--I've not experienced them amidst all the other things I described--and since it sounded like his box was defective, I just wrote it off to that and figured we'd check in when all was swapped.
I've used the analog, as well as digital, outs and don't get the issue you're mentioning.
Wilt
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:13 AM
To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VOOM] Re: technical difficulties

Wilt, the audio problem is evident on my boxes but I do not get the
lockups. Is it hardware or software problem? Should a swap of box
is the only solution to the audio problem?

> First -- the analog left and right audio isn't clean. The audio
> content is disrupted with a constant sound of snapping or popping.
> The noise is present on all channels.

More of the same...

Date: Tue Jan 6, 2004 9:44 am

Okay, thanks.
We'll get on it.
Wilt

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2004 9:32 AM
To: VOOM@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [VOOM] Re: technical difficulties

Let me add that this popping sound was not there from the beginning
and only started appearing around the last week of December. I have
documented the problem and another person as well at
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=33748#33748

Date: Tue Jan 6, 2004 9:43 am

Then I'll need to get that checked out. If it's good on everything else something other than the box is going on I'd expect.
Wilt

It is strange but I have not heard the same noise today. How about you JaydeeD or anyone else?

No, but i rarely watch the voom channels, about the only channel worth watching on the whole system is Discovery HD

Here's a response from Wilt regarding that noise that we were reporting.

Date: Sat Jan 10, 2004 10:56 am

Yeah, it's a hardware issue, it turns out--at the uplink facility; fix is in the works

Here's another problem that I noticed. This happens very randomly. When changing channels sometimes you get a black screen without picture. You can still hear the sound but no picture. I usually click on the VOOM button or FAV button and the picture will come back in the preview (small) window. Then I hit the WATCH button and the picture will come back. Anybody seen this problem as well???

Sean,

I see the same thing and it is becoming increasingly more frequent. I only see it during channel changing.

o2bnla said:
Sean,

I see the same thing and it is becoming increasingly more frequent. I
only see it during channel changing.

o2bnla,

welcome to the board. Thanks for confirming this behavior when changing channels.

Here is a new one. Just try watch Discovery HD and noticed the picture continually skipping frames. The sound was in sych, but the picture frames were skipping. Other HD and SD channels appear to working properly.

Wilt just released some information regarding the next software update...

I think, at this point, it's early February--after the Superbowl.
The issues for this one:
1. We were hoping for scanning, that's not going to make it in,
2. Faster tuning and channel acquisition time is in,
3. Better stability overall,
4. Menu bugs and random "pop ups" are fixed,
5. Some sound issues,
That's all that I can recall for now. It's actually a pretty big one but aimed at stability and performance more than features.
Wilt

Box needs complet power down here and there

Several times now I have lost signal, Signal strength shows 99 in red. The only way to get it back is to un-plug the reciever. This also effects ota too. There is no pix and a "no signal" nag on all channels.

I think this is happing due to weak signal as this has been need everytime my dish gets out of wack, and when left on a local that quits broadcasting.

Don't know if it's a bug or my reciever but I thought I would post it here and see if others are seeing this.

The big clue is the signal showing 99 in red.

GG

Here's a suggestion from Ilya at the Yahoo Group. If the VOOM menu pop up without touching your remote, turn off the screen saver. Click the VOOM button ----> Small Green button (remote) [options & settings]---->Settings---->Screen Saver---->Set Screen Saver to "Never Timeout".

I tried it today and it looked like the behavior of the menu poping by itself is gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)