Voom Box Version V00.05.08. Bugs/Problems/Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRColasanto said:
I guess I've been pretty lucky, I'm not having most of the problem other people are posting. The deal with the box always going back to the top channel, instead of the channel you're on bugs the hell out of me, but hopefully that will be fixed in the next software version. The box locked up one time, when the installer was here, but hasn't since.

Sometimes, in the middle of watching something, the menu comes up and then goes away, even though I haven't touched the remote. It's a little annoying but hasn't bugged me too bad yet.

The channel changes seem rediculously slow. And sometimes it will tell me I need to upgrade my service, but then a second or two later the channel will show up.

Those are basically the major complaints I have, so I think I'm doing OK. I'm never going back to cable, that's for sure!

Any word on when the new software will be available, or what the version will be? Will there be a way to know that the STB received new software, or will we just have to look at the settings? Speaking of which, can someone remind me real quick how to tell the software version? 5.08 is the current one, right?

Thanks again to everyone in this forum, especially Sean.

Turn off the screen saver in the systems settings. This way you will not get the menu pop up automatically on you :) . Yes that is the current version and as to the date only that it will be soon (like two weeks the most). It will come through satellite. Either we will know by Wilt or will see it in the systems settings.

Screen Saver

Oh yeah, I remember reading that earlier now! Thanks for reminding me Sean. At the time I read it I didn't know what the heck they were talking about, but now I can definitely relate! :)

Can I get a reminder on how to view the current software version? I've got to start writing this stuff down...

VOOM Button ---> Green Button ---> system settings--->System Status ---> Scroll down to System Status - Software & EMM.

No problem..

System Settings and stuff

TRColasanto said:
Can I get a reminder on how to view the current software version? I've got to start writing this stuff down...
Nevermind, I just stumbled upon the awesome thread Sean set up that has quick links to stuff, such as the Tenical Threads. Thanks again Sean!

Does the Program Reminder Work?

I searched for 'reminder', 'reminders' and 'timers' and found nothing relevant.

I tried to set a reminder the other night and got some cryptic message that a timer was already set for what I wanted to do (never set one), so I confirmed to replace it and it did not work. :no

The weird thing was, the message had no meaning to me, like event 145 or something like that. :confused:

Wilt Hildenbrand from Voom has told us that this is to be fixed in the next release of code.

It will be interested to see how many of the bugs reported here are finally fixed. What features are added and what new bugs are introduced. We will create a new thread once the software is reported to have been downloaded.

klmnoah said:
I got the same problem with my Receiver in Bravo HD being on Starz HD. And Discovery or another channel being where the Premium movies channels are. But what is strange is that The Receiver in the front living room was getting Starz HD and the channels are pretty much where they should be. So I swapped the receviers out and I am still getting Bravo HD on Starz with the HDTV.

klmnoah,
Could you please clarify: is the problem receiver-specific, or is it room-specific (regardless of the receiver). This is important!
If the problem is room-specific it must be the LNB or the the multi-switch, if you have one...

Voom artifact

Sean,

I read this problem you were having:
On some SD channels, I notice some heavy white scratches appearing a lot. Some Sd channels are fine, other have this problem. Not sure how to explain, but they are about 1-2 pixels tall, and 10-15 wide, and are very frequent on brighter colors like solid green and red. I've never seen anything like this before.
I am having what sounds to be very similiar. Very distracting. Have you found a solution? Would a new box solve the problem. I took a close up picture of it.

Attachments

• artifact copy.jpg
    artifact copy.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 147
I have already replied in the 00.05.68 thread. I think we should close/lock this one to eliminate any confusion between software versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts