Voom Box Version V00.05.08. Bugs/Problems/Feature Request

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK anyone !!! I tried to use my closed caption last night on sd channels and I can't get them to enable. I checked with my D* reciever Sam 160 and the CC shows up. I when into the Voom menu to double check that my reciever was enabled to "show CC all the time" but it did not show any CC on sd or hd channels . Has anyone tried this or is it my reciever .......no CC ......and would like someone to respond that knows.

Thanks Bob another Voom Happy Camper.......HD=Voom

Vaggeto said:
Glad you see it too... are you new to the service? They've been there since my service started on the 4th.

I just started on the 3rd, and my signal strength is 60, while signal quality bounces between 47 and 56. And I have noticed these problems since I started.

pdqbobe said:
OK anyone !!! I tried to use my closed caption last night on sd channels and I can't get them to enable. I checked with my D* reciever Sam 160 and the CC shows up. I when into the Voom menu to double check that my reciever was enabled to "show CC all the time" but it did not show any CC on sd or hd channels . Has anyone tried this or is it my reciever .......no CC ......and would like someone to respond that knows.

Thanks Bob another Voom Happy Camper.......HD=Voom

Wilt seems to think that it was working. He's checking further to see if anything was changed.

I think the VOOM program guide needs an overhaul. When surfing I'd like to know more about the program than the single line description offers currently. Now it gives you channel and title plus a not too accuratie indication of whether the show is HD or not. I'd request that the stop time be included, program duration, rating, and if a program is a repeat or if a sporting event is live.

subdude212 said:
I think the VOOM program guide needs an overhaul. When surfing I'd like to know more about the program than the single line description offers currently. Now it gives you channel and title plus a not too accuratie indication of whether the show is HD or not. I'd request that the stop time be included, program duration, rating, and if a program is a repeat or if a sporting event is live.

I agree, and when you bring up the guide I wish it would start on the channel your currently viewing, rather than starting with 100. Also I wish there were channel lists that you could create, (like directv, and Dish have) so that when you change the channel manually using the channel up or down button, it would scroll only those channels that you have selected to be on those specific lists. Oh, and It isn't all that great that when you turn off the box, and turn it back on it always starts at 100, it would be better if stayed on the last channel watched. Yeah just a few more gripes about the menu system. ;)

GeneWildershair said:
when you bring up the guide I wish it would start on the channel your currently viewing, rather than starting with 100.

I agree with this 100%. It seems like a small item, but its annoying. Annyone channel surfing wants to start back from the channel they're on, not back at 100.

I have had my box since November, but the software rev says 5.08. They want to swap it out. Any advantage to doing that?

Here's one problem with these new STBs. When you tune the channel, the video is lost. To get it back click on FAV list button (if you have one) or click the VOOM button and then click the WATCH button. Has anybody else seen this?

Sean Mota said:
Here's one problem with these new STBs. When you tune the channel, the video is lost. To get it back click on FAV list button (if you have one) or click the VOOM button and then click the WATCH button. Has anybody else seen this?

I think that's happened to me couple times. Also when tuning into a station I sometimes get a message that says to make sure my access card is properly installed, and I can still hear sound but no picture, making me have to turn off the power than turn it back on to get it back.

anyone else have problems starting their box sometimes? It seems after the box has been sitting awhile in the off position, (like over night) it will not turn on for me! I push the power button on the front of the unit, and I see the orange light come while I push it then nothing? I have to unplug the stb, before it will come on. Anyone else?

GeneWildershair said:
anyone else have problems starting their box sometimes? It seems after the box has been sitting awhile in the off position, (like over night) it will not turn on for me! I push the power button on the front of the unit, and I see the orange light come while I push it then nothing? I have to unplug the stb, before it will come on. Anyone else?

Haven't had that problem. Instead of unplugging the receiver, hold the power button for 10 seconds and let go and it also reboot the stb. If this is a constant problem, I will ask for a new receiver.

GeneWildershair said:

I had this problem this morning when I was hooking up my SD TV via S-video instead of cable. Generally I just leave my boxes on all the time though and just turn the TV off.

Tuning subchannels

Sean, not sure if this the right thread for this or not. You can move it where it should be. How do I tune subchannels? If I want to tune 3.2 I press 3 and it goes to 3.1. 3.2 is our local CBSHD. They use 3.1 for a feed they use in Massachusetts with different call letters.

pmalve said:
Sean, not sure if this the right thread for this or not. You can move it where it should be. How do I tune subchannels? If I want to tune 3.2 I press 3 and it goes to 3.1. 3.2 is our local CBSHD. They use 3.1 for a feed they use in Massachusetts with different call letters.

That's another problem since there is no "-" in remote control.

Turn on options

Is there a way to set reciever to turn on to last channel tuned instead of starting at 100 with the guide activated. It would be easier for my wife to be able to just turn on tv and reciever and watch tv instead of having to navigate through menus. Hated that on the digital cable box. If not, is there any reason to turn reciever off at night? Can they download updates while reciever is on?

I wish there was, seems like a no brainer, but already captured for this thread.

Receiver never goes off unless unplugged. In standby it can receive updates. Don't know if updates can be received in non-standby mode, but I assume yes.

I talked to them today and the person I talked to was totally unaware of the SD problem on some of the channels. They tried having me restart the receiver, and using 480i as output, but it didn't go away. They escalated the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)