Voom Box Version V00.05.08. Bugs/Problems/Feature Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK.. I have a few more...

When you go to Voom and then pick your guide... there somehow needs to be an option to start from the channel you are currently at. Starting at 100 everytime doesn't seem to be very good.

And for some reason.. if I go to a music channel, the back button doesn't do anything. It doesn't take me to the last channel I was at.

Which brings me to the last suggestion for the night... in the 5 line guide, you sohuld be able to hit back to go back to the channel you are currently on, and if you hit back when already on that channel, it should take the guide to the last channel you were watching.

guys, good suggestions. Some will make it to the new software. Some will not. Let's see what's in the new software before we send these to VOOM otherwise they will get lost. I will continue to document here for comparison when the new software is released. The back button is a strange creature. It works sometimes and sometimes it does not work.

New software

Could this new software have come on a receiver installed this past
weekend or will it download to everyone via the sat?
I ask this because I am not experiencing many of the problems posted.
I've had to reboot after a couple of storms but thats about it.
Not seeing any delays on channel changes or menu surfing.

If you know how to get into your system status, it should be version 5.08 at this point....don't think anyone has the new version yet

I have noticed the same things this past few weeks as Vaggeto suggested. I have had mine installed since 2/28/04. These are very good points that he mentioned about the remote and picture guide......I dido that.....My biggest concern is that I don't see any closed caption on HD....Is there a reason for this????????????????

Could someone tell me why no closed caption on HD?

Vaggeto said:
Remote: An exit button... I hate pressing back 4-5 times to get from the menus back to watching TV. On D* I press exit at any time, from any menu, and I'm back to watching TV without any graphics on the screen. I like that a lot.

Just press the "Watch" button........it still has to back out of all the menus, but it does it automatically

I was just wanting to know if anyone was getting closed caption on any HD programs. I know it shows up in sd channels but no hd channels. I quess it must be up to the station to add it or not. I like it because I have a child that sometimes I don't want her to here some of the bad languages so I hit the mute button so she cant hear it but I can see what they said. Oh well I thought I had to do something to my reciever to get it in HD. Thanks for your responce. Bob

I just had my VOOM boxes replaced today. This was part of VOOM's program to replace the older boxes. I can't tell any difference, no program planner and the software versions seem the same.

Anyone know why the older boxes are being replaced other than the freeze ups?

JaydeeD said:
Just press the "Watch" button........it still has to back out of all the menus, but it does it automatically

My problem with it is... with an exit button, nomatter where you are you press it and it brings you to watching TV with no menus. With the watch button, you press it in the installation setting menu, and it brings you back to the Voom button menu. Then you press it again it it brings you to watching TV, but with the one line guide, then you wait for that to go away.

It never brings you to watching TV directly though, because it leaves the one-line guide there. There are just so many ways to see the one-line guide, pressing watch doesn't need to be one of them.

pdqbobe said:
I have noticed the same things this past few weeks as Vaggeto suggested. I have had mine installed since 2/28/04. These are very good points that he mentioned about the remote and picture guide......I dido that.....My biggest concern is that I don't see any closed caption on HD....Is there a reason for this????????????????

Could someone tell me why no closed caption on HD?

Thanks... I've never used E*, so I'm not sure what their users are used to, but I know other D* users will probably feel the same way that I do about most of these issues. It really bothers me to see family struggle with it and get angry at it, when it shouldn't be as hard as it is.

Not sure why there aren't any CCs on HD... I haven't checked for any yet.

Dan Berndt said:
I just had my VOOM boxes replaced today. This was part of VOOM's program to replace the older boxes. I can't tell any difference, no program planner and the software versions seem the same.

Anyone know why the older boxes are being replaced other than the freeze ups?
More memory I believe... which means less lockups... not 100% sure about that though.

They are being replaced because over 50% of them were dead out of the box, and the rest were slowly dying...a very bad batch of recievers

Quick question-I recently did a factory reset on my box and now my box automatically starts with an ota channel I don't receive. Hiow do I get it to start with ch.100 like it used to before the fact. reset?

eschu97611 said:
Quick question-I recently did a factory reset on my box and now my box automatically starts with an ota channel I don't receive. Hiow do I get it to start with ch.100 like it used to before the fact. reset?

Reboot/unplug receiver to see if it goes back to channel 100.

for the first time I turned my box off today for 2 hours while watching a DVD. It froze as I turned it back on. That makes it 4 freezes now. 2 within the first hour, one within 9 hours, and now 4 within 30 hours. Think it could be my box having a problem?

Also, is anyone else seeing these white specs on the SD channels? I definently see them on FX and some other channels. It seems to depend what colors are currently on the screen. If it's a bright green/pink, they are very visible.

Vaggeto said:
for the first time I turned my box off today for 2 hours while watching a DVD. It froze as I turned it back on. That makes it 4 freezes now. 2 within the first hour, one within 9 hours, and now 4 within 30 hours. Think it could be my box having a problem?

Also, is anyone else seeing these white specs on the SD channels? I definently see them on FX and some other channels. It seems to depend what colors are currently on the screen. If it's a bright green/pink, they are very visible.

I noticed these specks on SpikeTV, and Comedy Central tonight. I wonder what these are, and how long they've been there? Sean...anyone? Also on HBOHD I notice that every few minutes there will be a slight tearing in the picture. Anyone else notice these?

Glad you see it too... are you new to the service? They've been there since my service started on the 4th.

I noticed them on HBO. It has been there since HBO was launched. I have asked about it and was told that there is currently work being done withe encoder/decoder. Plus when the new software is release all these problems are supposed to go away. I am keeping them in mind since I want them to go away after the software release, otherwise I'll be yelling a lot stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)