VOOM gone OTA here

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I reported earlier this morning that my leased STB was dead and it was. Now I returned this evening and the OTA tuner is working again. I have not disconnected the LNB or any other connections. I guess I'll continue with my second receiver boxed up until we can find out more.

OTA Dead

No guide, no picture. Mine was leased. No powered antenna, using the winegard 4221. Worked fine this morning.

unplugged the 2 sat feeds yesterday (Sat) afternoon, and I'm still getting all my OTA channels today--almost. For some reason, channel 15 (local ABC) is not coming in, but I can live with that... :)

Mine boxes are/were leased, and I'm using the standard antenna (don't know the model, or even if it's powered).

All OTAs working fine on VoOM STB as of 9:30 this Sunday evening. I pulled the sat feed on all the receivers before "the end". Pulled phone lines too.
Called E* at 12:05Am and signed up for VoOM HD from them. $100 for the extra dish (they will be putting in two here as I am a new customer), but Top 180 for $20 for the first 3 months, 3 months of their HD channels Free, 2 HD STBs and one 510 SD DVR all in the deal for the cost of the second dish. Sold. They will be installing within 5 days.

Read through the threads. Some are not paying the...

johnalan said:
All OTAs working fine on VoOM STB as of 9:30 this Sunday evening. I pulled the sat feed on all the receivers before "the end". Pulled phone lines too.
Called E* at 12:05Am and signed up for VoOM HD from them. $100 for the extra dish (they will be putting in two here as I am a new customer), but Top 180 for $20 for the first 3 months, 3 months of their HD channels Free, 2 HD STBs and one 510 SD DVR all in the deal for the cost of the second dish. Sold. They will be installing within 5 days.

$100 for the extra dish.

Still enjoying OTA FM (but OTA HD later) under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

OTA's OK in Miami

I have 3 leased stb's. One has been disconnected for three weeks.

The other two are receiving ota's perfectly fine.

I haven't disconnected any cables from the multiswitch or diplexers.

we have the "Miami Special" which is a non-powered ChannelMaster (not sure of the model #) that looks like the old-school off-air antennas you see at Radio Shack. It's connected to a variable 25-35db amplifier before the multi-switch.

I guess it's wait and see for now.

Getting OTA only in Southern California. I disconnected my satellite cable to avoid any "Kill" signal; also my phone line to the STB.

Still have OTA on two boxes, I've been disconnected since Saturday morning, reconnected today at 8am ... I need my OTA, regardless of cable/E*/D* I go with, I am leaning towards E* because they have VOOM 21, just waiting on D*'s big announcements coming (which maybe more HD channels but probably more HD LiLs).

Whoever I got with I still want my OTA to work. Voom was the best DBS, I blame James solely for not allowing the company more time, had they caught on a bit more they would have been much bigger.

Long Island New York

OTA up and working. Only change made was I hooked up my normal rooftop UHF/VHF antenna instead of the OTA antenna supplied by the installer which was installed on a much lower and hidden area of my house. Most reception is better including receiving more channels but some receiving more chop. Viewable though. I assume that the OTA antenna was not powered as there is only a coax cable coming from it. My VOOM installation was never hooked into the phone line and I never powered down the box.

The VOOM OTA antenna that most folks got was powered from the VOOM box, IF it was hooked up properly. Even with that, it's a crappy antenna.

Lob

OTA still working in Atlanta

OTA working here in Atlanta GA. Never unplugged anything. Channel guide seems to be working. All OTA channels previously received still working.

OTA Gone! HELP

I may have screwed up. After VOOM satellite went dead I did a Factory Reset because one of the NYC channels was not mapped correctly and I needed to access the installation wizard which no longer worked. I knew about the need to get the box "hit" after the reset but thought I would still be able to use the box for local channels OTA. I have now realized that the box goes completely dead!

I then connected the OTA cable directly to a D* HD receiver but all OTA channels show "No Signal". Is it possible that without an activated VOOM box that the OTA signal from th OTA antenna is somehow blocked? It doesn't work even when I connect the OTA antenna wire directly, bypassing the the dual satellite/off air combiner attached to the house. Is it the lack of power source as suggested in Sean's post yesterday?

Any help would be appreciated.

Martin21

I talked to Winegard tech support guy who knew exactly why Voom box works and 811 doesn't. Voom box is better at dealing with multipathing issues than 811 and other OTA receivers. I have WineGard 2200 powered antenna and no amount of additional power or amps will help if a reciever can't deal with mupltipating issues.

So those of us in urban areas either need better antenna that can handle multipating problem or hope Voom box will continue to provide OTA.

Also, somebody reported long time ago that 811 49% bug which I get is related to multipathing problem.

Thanks

2 leased Miami VOOM Boxes still worked for OTA on Sunday afternoon before I reconnect my E* feeds.

one box was unplaged on Friday night. The other I Watched till 2:30AM sunday Morning. Then I disconected it from the wall. Later on Sunday morning a I had to do a soft boot. when I reconnected it.

The other worked fine when reconnected to the Wall. (Using it for the Spare Bedroom sinceI have no Sat signal. in there.

dishguy said:
I talked to Winegard tech support guy who knew exactly why Voom box works and 811 doesn't. Voom box is better at dealing with multipathing issues than 811 and other OTA receivers. I have WineGard 2200 powered antenna and no amount of additional power or amps will help if a reciever can't deal with mupltipating issues.

That is what I have long suspected. I live in an urban area and used to have various OTA reception problems with my old Hughes D* box. The Voom box is significantly better at pulling in reliable OTA reception for me.

For what its worth, OTA on my Voom box is still working fine. I am a renter, not a buyer, and have not disconnected the phone line or the sat cable. I use a big old non-amplified channel master, not the stealth antenna supplied by Voom.

Left my boxes off like I said, just watched HD 24 just fine here in S. Florida.

H E L P my OTA channels are not working !!!!!!!!! Only Channel 4 WWLTV- D Works and the rest of the channels can not be tuned in. The box in the bed room was disconnected when i got CRAPPY Twc cable.... I even did the OTA channel scan.. Do I need to hook the other box back or what.. Any kind help with this would be helpful.TWC on has two HD local channels..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts