VOOM Has A New Distributor! $500 Rebate on HDTV's

skakusha

Supporting Founder / Pub
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 4, 2004
$500 Rebate on HDTV's When You Sign Up for Voom at Brandsmart :eek: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All,

I was watching the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and saw a special deal for Voom. I guess they are getting more aggressive. The commercial started with the traditional Voom advertising and then a picture of a Brandsmart Store (a very big electronics reseller in Florida). The offer is as follows:

Now through June 1st, when you buy any HDTV and sign up for Voom, you get a $500 mail in rebate.

Has anyone seen an ad like this in their state? Was Sears offering a $500 Rebate? Could this lead to a large growth of customers and the beginning of an aggressive marketing campaign for Voom?

In Florida, Brandsmart moves more TV's then Best Buy or Circuit City, and they have very aggressive pricing deals. It is a large warehouse type, electronics store that is always packed with hundreds of people. Tomorrow I will stop by and post what I learn about this deal. I am curious to see if they are getting a Voom feed as well.

I think this commercial received a lot of attention because of the Friends Season Finale hype on NBC. Two of my friends, no pun intended, called me that now they want to buy an HDTV and sign up for Voom. (They do not have HDTV's and saw this commercial) I may cancel my current order and sign up again in order to get this deal. I could always use an HDTV set in my room. :D

Any Thoughts?

There's gotta be a catch. Heck, I'll cancel V* and sign up now for a $500 discount. Who's paying the $500?

It's also not clear from the original post whether the $500 rebate is available for those that lease, or only to those that buy the receiver. If it is available on lease, I'd expect the rebate to be available for first-time subscribers only. I'd also expect it to require some sort of programming commitment.

Ken F said:
It's also not clear from the original post whether the $500 rebate is available for those that lease, or only to those that buy the receiver. If it is available on lease, I'd expect the rebate to be available for first-time subscribers only. I'd also expect it to require some sort of programming commitment.
Thats my guess too.

Checked out their website, and they have a Voom coupon with the details at:
http://www.brandsmartusa.com/rebate..._040501_040601/voom_program_040501_040601.pdf

Short summary of details:
1. Between 5/1/2004 and 6/1/2004 you must purchase an HD or ED TV from them, purchase a $149.99 Voom start-up kit, select programming of at least $60/month and commit to 2 years.
2. Install and activate Voom by 6/30/2004.
3. Fill out rebate form.
4. Provide proof of TV purchase and Voom start-up kit.
5. Mail form and other docs by 8/15/2004.

If you cancel Voom, you get charged a $500 cancellation fee, reduced by $20.83 for every month that you've had Voom. Offer good on purchase of specified products, which include "any HD, ED, HD-READY, or HD-Compatible television from BrandsMart USA".

Heres the deal:

To receive your $500 Mail-In Rebate please follow these 5 steps:
(the form must be postmarked by August 15, 2004)

1.Between May 1, 2004 and June 1, 2004:
a. Purchase any HD, ED, HD-Ready or HD-Compatible television from BrandsMart USA, and
b. Purchase a $149.99 VOOM Start-Up Kit from BrandsMart USA, and
c. Subscribe to eligible VOOM programming (Va Va Voom, Voom and PlusPacks) that costs $60 or more per month (exclusive of taxes), committing to a two-year term.

2. Have your VOOM system installed and activated by June 30, 2004.

3.Fill out the form COMPLETELY below please print clearly.

4.On your original receipt(s) from BrandsMart USA, circle the costs of the applicable television and VOOM Start-Up Kit.

5.Mail the form (postmarked by no later than August 15, 2004), together with the original dated receipt(s) for your TV and VOOM Start-Up Kit from BrandsMart USA and a copy of your first VOOM monthly statement (remember to keep copies of all of the materials you submit, as originals will not be returned)

And of course the fine print:

IF PROGRAMMING SUBSCRIPTION IS NOT MAINTAINED OR IS CANCELLED OR TERMINATED PRIOR TO END OF THE TWO-YEAR COMMITMENT TERM, AN EARLY TERMINATION FEE OF $500 WILL APPLY TO THE CREDIT CARD VOOM HAS ON FILE. REDUCED BY $20.83 FOR EACH MONTH OR PORTION THEREOF THROUGH THE INITIAL DATE OF SUCH NON-COMPLIANCE OR THE DATE OF SUCH TERMINATION OR CANCELLATION, AS THE CASE MAY BE. Offer valid on purchase of specified product(s) only. Limit one rebate per household. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. Allow 8-10 weeks for delivery of rebate. VOOM is not responsible for late, lost, stolen, illegible, or misdirected mail or any submissions with insufficient postage. All Federal, State and Local rules and regulations apply. Offer valid in the U.S. only, and only for the service area of the VOOM service. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Duplicate requests or any other use will constitute fraud. Theft, diversion, reproduction, transfer, sale or purchase of this offer form, or cash register receipts, is prohibited and constitutes fraud. Your rebate rights cannot be assigned or transferred. VOOM reserves the right to modify the specifications and terms of the offer without notice. Not responsible for any condition caused by events beyond the control of VOOM, which may cause the offer to be delayed or disrupted. Keep copies of all materials submitted, as originals will not be returned.

The link:

http://www.brandsmartusa.com/rebate..._040501_040601/voom_program_040501_040601.htm

Nice deal for those looking to buy a new set.

Wonder what the shipping charges are from Florida to Mass :D

Lob

This is great, but Voom had a $500 rebate before for a select 10 states and it did not allow the purchase of a HD Projector, so look at the fine print if you are thinking of going the pj route & make sure it qualifies.

That Was Fast!

I did not see this on their website last night. They must have uploaded it to their web servers in the early morning. I was planning to go into the store today to get the details, but you guys beat me to the punch.

I still plan on stopping by to see if they have a Voom feed, as well as get furtehr details on the starter kit. It sounds like they are selling the box for a discount. $300 is still a good deal towards a an HDTV.

Thanks! Now I know where to post if I have any questions. :eek:

Sears just offered the deal to my brother last week (in NC). The Sears deal has no long-term or Min.$ subscription requirement. But you are purchasing the Voom receiver for $399 in order to get the $500 Sears Gift Cert.

Well, I just got back from Brandsmart, and I went with the $500 Rebate deal. I called Voom and the CSR was great. Since I already had my order and install for May21st, they just switched out my account, which allowed me to get the rebate.

This was a no brainer for me. I already have a 65" Mitsu in my family room, and I used the rebate to buy a 34" 16:9 Flat screen for my bedroom. A little overkill, but oh well. After rebate, I will only be out of pocket $598 + tax, since I got a really good deal on the TV.

My parents and friends are signing up as well. They saw the 2 year commitment as a negative, but after a discussion they changed their mind. Worst case scenarion, you are getting a $20.88 discount on your tv monthly, if you cancel you pay the difference. If you wanted a new TV anyways, this is a great deal no matter what. Also, you can lease or buy the Voom boxes. I went with the lease becuase I am waiting for the PVR's.

By the way, they do have a LIVE FEED, and the traffic and purchasing volume was insane. They had Huge ads in the paper with the Voom name everywhere. The Voom CSR was also very aware of the BrandsMart deal.

I was disappointed with the lack of knowledge by the Voom reps. at the store. They could not answer any of my questions, and gave incorrect information. I actually had several discussions with customers, which was to Voom's advantage, since the reps could not explain things correctly.

Well, I am happy with the decision, and I look forward to joining you guys as a Voomer.

Congratulations. That store sounds like it would be quite an experience. I find it interesting that the Voom reps could not answer questions. Nothing more than human billboards?

Are you going 100% Voom, or keeping DirecTV?

Thanks! Voom ads were all over the place and on at least 50+ TV sets. They had a high end room with all Sony's, the biggest being 82", where it was wall to wall Voom. It was pretty cool. Big difference form Sears.

I played with the controls and noticed some of the things posted in these forums. Channel blacking out, PG always defaulting to Channel 100, etc. I am glad this forum prepped me for that. The PQ was pretty awesome though, regardless of the glitches.

Interesting Point: In the Sony/Voom room, 6 televisions were connected, with one box. 3 of the 6 TV's reacted differently to channel changes. When changing channels not all would black out etc. I guess it is a TV/STB software and hardware thing.

Sorry, I am getting off topic. I think I will keep DirecTV because of my 2 Tivo's and lack of PVR's w/ Voom. When the PVR comes out and is stable, I will then cancel DirecTV. I have read that most people are keeping another provider. Any thoughts or advice? By the way SD PQ on DirecTV has been very bad this week. . .very pixelated.

A lot of people are keeping DirecTV till the Voom/Motorola PVR comes out, which is probably a wise decision. There are quite a few posts regarding Voom and Tivo. Tivo is something I never explored, so I know almost nothing about it. I just use a DVR, and that's good enough for me.