VOOM Installations

Welcome to the club! I had an install last Saturday between 8am-12. At 1 pm, after I called his cell 3 times (got number from Installs Inc.) he finally shows up. Has my gear, but his compass/inclination meter is broken. Eyeballs it and says it probably won't work. Probably? (I says). Yeah, but you got a great shot at Dish - says he.He's obviously in a hurry to go fishing so he says he'll be back the next day (sunday) with his boss's meter. I wait around all day sunday, calling his cell, calling Installs Inc, calling Voom...nobody knows where he is (fish must have been biting good I thinks). Install Inc says they emailed him to call me today. Guess what? It's 4pm here and I still haven't heard from him. So I just called Voom and demanded another installation company. They were nice about it (it's not their fault) and set it up. The only problem is now I have to wait until March 15th. Geez, I'm ready to go back to cable...at least there the installers call you when they screw up.

sounds like a common thread here. I wonder what's really going on.
The people at Installs Inc. told me that they didn't get the work order
in their computer until yesterday (1 day prior to the install). and that
it would be next to impossible to get the equipment in 1 day especially
on a Sunday. When I talked with a V* CSR, they told me the work order
was filed on the date I ordered. Which would make sense.

Something is either falling through the cracks or there's just so much
demand lately that it's hard to keep up???, probably the later.

Still anxiously waiting to VOOM. :)

I think Installs Inc is a joke. VOOM should schedule their own installers (like the cable companies). They should also allow for customers to do their own installations and only call for help (with a small fee) if needed. After all, most of us here could do a hugely better job.

Installation Blues

Well, last Tuesday, the 2nd of March, I ordered Voom. They told me it would be installed today, the 8th. Last night, around 5:30 pm, an installer called and left me a message that the equipment never arrived, and he'd have to reschedule for Thursday or Friday. I could barely hear his message, he must have called from a cell phone in a low-reception area. I called him back today on the land line number he left, but I got an answering machine. The outgoing message was one of those "You have reached the Jones family and the office of Whachamacallit Installations." I left a message to please call me back for a reschedule and a tracking number or delivery date for the equipment. I never heard back. I realize the installer isn't affiliated with Voom, but it still sucks. At least from the other install horror stories I've heard here I'm not too surprised, and don't hold it against Voom, but I sure hope it's worth it once the install happens! I'll post more here when I know more... By the way, I live in Chesapeake City, MD 21915, which is a pretty small town, so I'm sure the installers out here are few and far between.

Success!

Well we did the install today and I couldn't be happier! We managed to do it indoors inside of the window and we have a signal of about 48 and OTA in the upper 70's.

Now, my window is single glass and there is no tint, but it worked awesome. In fact, the installer even told me he's done a few inside like this. It works great for those of us in condos.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input on the process!

Now, back to Vooming....

TRColasanto,

get in touch with local installer so that he can keep you informed when he gets the equipment. As I understand it, there is a third party involve in packing the equipment and sending it. So as you can see there's a lot of room for somebody to mess up. It happened to me and I was not happy. Keep in touch with the local installer.

mikechi79 said:
Well we did the install today and I couldn't be happier! We managed to do it indoors inside of the window and we have a signal of about 48 and OTA in the upper 70's.

Now, my window is single glass and there is no tint, but it worked awesome. In fact, the installer even told me he's done a few inside like this. It works great for those of us in condos.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input on the process!

Now, back to Vooming....

Congrads Mikechi79. I was skeptical about this. But surely glad that it worked for you. I think (if not mistaken) you are the first to have a dish installed inside. Can you post a picture of how it actually looks? We really like to see this one? What type of OTA antenna you used?

VOOM Install Part 3: Return of the HD

Ok so VOOM installer #3 is here today and this time -- he says he can do it. Right now he is going to setup the DISH and run a line to one of my DISH Network receivers to see if he can get a signal. If that works, he will fully mount the DISH and complete the install.

One small detail though.... this is his first VOOM install. He did come complete with a VOOM hat. ;)

I'll let you guys know how this goes.

Bill

Prepping for Install... Do I need to buy an HD tuner?

Well, I'm 6 days away from my VOOM install, and I've been reading up on all things VOOM.

While reading about the terrestrial antennae, it dawns on me that I bought an HDTV-READY TV all those months ago. Do I need to part with the scratch for an actual Tuner before the installer shows up?

:confused:

Mine is here now as well. They are out there now putting up the Dish. No VOOM hats on these guys. Just a white truck and 2 installers.

hehe, the guys who installed mine, were wearing Directv shirts, and had Directv logos all over their van. BTW... good luck with the 3rd install! ;)

How Long

Well my install went smooth, the guys showed at noon and were here till 3:30.
Sean how long does it yake for everything to download? when will I be able to see my locals???
Thanks Bri :) :)

xboxer said:
Well my install went smooth, the guys showed at noon and were here till 3:30.
Sean how long does it yake for everything to download? when will I be able to see my locals???
Thanks Bri :) :)

If you got one of the new boxes, no more than 30 minutes for non-local channels. Local channels is a different story. Did you check to ensure that they were mapped?

I am getting everything except the locals, it just says 0-4 etc and when you select it says no signal check back later...

xboxer said:
I am getting everything except the locals, it just says 0-4 etc and when you select it says no signal check back later...
When that happens to me, I unplug power to the box for 10 seconds. After it starts up and downloads the guide again it is fixed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)