W5 fixed system

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey Ice, maybe you should start selling patio tables with 6 foot dishes attached :D
Introducing the newest product to hit the TVRO world:
The Iceberg Table-Master 6000 Instant-Up Satellite Dish! :eek:
Different sizes would have different names...
Table-Master 4000 would have a 4 foot dish etc.....:D:up

Introducing the newest product to hit the TVRO world:
The Iceberg Table-Master 6000 Instant-Up Satellite Dish! :eek:
Different sizes would have different names...
Table-Master 4000 would have a 4 foot dish etc.....:D:up

How big of a table would you need for the The Iceberg Table-Master 15000 Instant-Up Satellite Dish! (AKA 15 foot) ??? :D :confused: :)

How big of a table would you need for the The Iceberg Table-Master 15000 Instant-Up Satellite Dish! (AKA 15 foot) ??? :D :confused: :)
One of those industrial size metal tables you see at mechanic shops and similar places! :eek: I don't think that one would be classified as "instant up" though! :D

this is icebergs table for the 15 footer
istockphoto_2436370_round_table_boardroom_meeting_area.jpg

UPDATE: Finally finished the whole job.

UPDATE 6/26/2009

I finally replaced the clients OTA TV antenna (New mounts, cable etc) and added another channel to his in house SMATV system. So now his Dish is on Channel 4 and we put a OTA converter box on 16 so he can watch either or on any tv in the house.

I put up a Winegard 7694PHD, The new antenna's tuned for the digital spectrum Ch 7-51 It worked out nice.

I checked out my dish install and everything has been holding up well. We also were discussing modifying the 6 foot Fortec to a polormount, tossing up an actuator and getting him a 4DTV. He now has his feet wet and is looking for more channels (Wifey wants the food network and travel channel) So he will need to get to C3 and C4 for those. So possibly a modification may be coming up in the future.

A note to all Sat Guy members. If you have an extra, or see a good 4DTV for sale let me know because he will be looking for one soon. Just post the details here and I can let him know.

Finished Pictures

These show the dish and the Winegard OTA antenna I put up for the finished job.

If you look to the left (on the dish pic) there is the spot I marked if the guy ever goes to make this thing movable. That's where the dish will move to for a polar mount install to see the whole arc.

I wouldn't mind doing these for people every month it was allot of fun. :D Wouldn't mind the cash either. :)

Attachments

• IM003438.JPG
    IM003438.JPG
    291 KB · Views: 201
  • IM003440.JPG
    IM003440.JPG
    335.2 KB · Views: 183
I'm really close to getting a 6 foot dish for the W5 programming or G16c and was wandering if it's easier to put the dish together first and lay it face down and attach the stand or is it easier to mount the stand on the platform and the put the dish together a panel at a time on the mounting bracket? I know stupid question but I thought I would ask anyway.:) Thanks for any help.

I'm really close to getting a 6 foot dish for the W5 programming or G16c and was wandering if it's easier to put the dish together first and lay it face down and attach the stand or is it easier to mount the stand on the platform and the put the dish together a panel at a time on the mounting bracket? I know stupid question but I thought I would ask anyway.:) Thanks for any help.

Build the reflector on a flat surface, then attach the ring and put it on the pole. This is the best way.

Build the reflector on a flat surface, then attach the ring and put it on the pole. This is the best way.

Thanks for the reply, thought that might be the best way but wasn't sure. I don't have anyone to help me put it up so I wanted to find the easiest way to do it. Thanks again.

I was playing around with my dsr410 today. I have never tried anything with it before but as soon as I got my dish on 105 the green light came on.
I was reading info on Skyvision saying to turn to channel 204 which I am unable to do. It jumps from 203 to 241. Do you have to subscribe to something first? Any ideas why you would be able to go to 204? I can bring up the guide, don't know how accurate it is tho.

Is your 410 from Skyvision? If so I would call SRL and request them to hit you, this should cause it to map. 204 was in the one I installed when I turned it on. I subscribed the thing ahead of time at my house using my bud, before I installed it at the clients house. It was all set up and ready to go that day then.

I don't know where it came from originally, I bought it from another person.
I will give that a try and see how it goes.
I was surprised to see the controls are almost identical to the dsr905. I wish it was that easy to get a green light on it.

I don't know where it came from originally, I bought it from another person.
I will give that a try and see how it goes.
I was surprised to see the controls are almost identical to the dsr905. I wish it was that easy to get a green light on it.

If it didn't come from Skyvision originally it will have to be set up by them to be the provider and do the W5 channels. There is a fee for this since it wasn't bought from them. Once that is done you can subscribe to channels on W5. If the other person bought it from SV in the first place you may just be able to subscribe. Call and see what they can do for you.

Well it looks like they only work during the week when everybody else is working. Must not have much of a need for tech support on the weekends when people are playing with their Sat. equipment.

SRL's website still shows hours as:
Mon- Fri-9am.-9pm.
Sat/Sun-10am.-6pm.
These are Central Time, it's been quite a while since I have called them and I can't say if these are still correct, but they did turn on subs and do rehits on weekends when I had subs with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)