Walmart NOT selling cheap HD-DVD player?

JoeSp

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 11, 2003
I am as surprised as anyone! Perhaps Walmart has something else up there sleeve?

Advertisement

We have no plans to have Venturer in our stores this holiday,” Wal-Mart merchandise spokeswoman Melissa O’Brien said. “We will continue to offer the best values on popular HD DVD and Blu-ray products from leading consumer brands like Sony, Samsung, Philips, Toshiba and RCA.”

This player only has 1080i outputs but at $199 should sell well to the HD bargin hunters. Maybe Walmart has their own low cost player to sell?

Lot's of good quotes in that article. I was going to pop a few in here, but instead I'll encourage everyone to read the article.

I'm surprised Wal-Mart would take the trouble to deny it. I wonder why they did?

No doubt lot's of news coming out this week of CEDIA.

The check hasn't cleared yet....... Wait for the announcement sure to come..... It isn't happening until it is.

Since when does Walmart turn its' back on a chinese product that is the cheapest in its market segment?

That didn't stop them selling the toys.....

If they stopped selling all Chinese stuff, they could shrink the store by 2/3rds.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts