Watch in 2 rooms

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Plywodstatebum

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2004
A Secluded Beach In, Fl.
I have the new HR44 genie in the living room and 2 HR 24's in the 2 master bedrooms. Can we watch the same show in 2 rooms at the same time?

Also my hr24 in one of the bedrooms. Has a problem with audio if I fast forward, It sounds like Micky Mouse is talking and it's had to get it to go back to normal, I have to keep switching from FF to Rewind until it stops.

are you talking about watching the same live show?
or te same recoding off of one of the units?

Yes you can watch live or recorded shows on both receivers, if you have whole home service active on your account for watching recorded shows

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

He has a Genie, he has to have mrv.
this is not correct. it depends on his tenure with directv. grandfathered accounts can still end up with the advanced receiver rate codes and need to pay the extra 3 bucks for mrv. although this saves 2 dollars vs the new installed rates. but the cm has the option to add mrv. they are not required to have it. clients will work without it. it's just the communication to other receivers that mrv authorizes.

To answer the original question as I am interpreting it.... for live tv yes. They can all watch the same program at at the same time. But if you try to watch a program recorded on the genie on combo1... when you try to start it on combo2 it will give you the resume option since it was already started. And depending on what's recording currently. It may show unavailable. Streaming a show from box a will utilize a tuner from box a.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

My understanding is that all accounts with a Genie pay the mrv fee regardless. Regular dvrs are a different story. They can be grandfathered so as to not pay the mrv fee.

My understanding is that all accounts with a Genie pay the mrv fee regardless. Regular dvrs are a different story. They can be grandfathered so as to not pay the mrv fee.
this is again incorrect. it's rare but I've had it happen about a dozen times in the last two years of upgrades where I had to call to have the whole home service added onto programming.

this is again incorrect. it's rare but I've had it happen about a dozen times in the last two years of upgrades where I had to call to have the whole home service added onto programming.

Added onto what programming?

Added onto what programming?
the account programming. I'm an inhouse tech for directv. what I'm saying is that multi room viewing is a rate code that needs to be added to SOME accounts in seibel to the services list of programming. this is all irrelevant to anyone that is not a tech or csr. but I'm saying that I am 100% positive that some accounts are eligible to upgrade to a genie and not pay 3 bucks a month for mrv if they so choose.

What accounts would be eligible to not pay the mrv fee if they had a Genie?

I don't think OP's question was answered. One can obviously watch LIVE programs at the same time. Unless it has changed, you cannot mirror RECORDED programing to two or more sets. Actually, live programming isn't precisely in sync either for me. I have thought about splitting the HDMI of my HR34 to sets in different rooms in order to mirror whats on live or otherwise. I am doing that in my RV but that was an easy HDMI pull.

What accounts would be eligible to not pay the mrv fee if they had a Genie?
seems to be a case by case basis. what I am seeing the most is older accounts with hd rates and dvr rates that already have a combo to be swap replaced with a genie. it's a weird anomoly.. the genie is considered an ird - advanced whole home dvr. a combo is an ird - hd/dvr combo. yet both products yield the rate code of advanced receiver (25mo). however if the cm has split rates prior to the upgrade (grandfathered package) they keep them and have the option to add whole home dvr as a service to the programming for 3/mo a month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)