What Are the Benefits of the Mio Over Other Receivers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Support after the sale #1. Not only from Titanium Satellite but also from the manufacturer.
One you come to terms that these receivers are marketed mainly on both sides of the pond and configured to work well there.
Things over here work a little different. You want to get as many channels as you can. Static transponder files in the receiver may not be current. Hence blindscan capabilities that many receivers tout.
Edision listens and supports the developer(s) of the TNAP images.
We were missing certain transponders and channels during a true hardware blindscan.
Well today that is working much better. And will probably keep getting improvements.
The only thing I would want in my next Edision receiver would be a second DVB tuner that works identical to the C/Ku tuner.
And an ATSC tuner with full terrestrial and 256 QAM cable suport.
Other than that my Mio 4k is a keeper.

Hi Titanium,
This is all relatively new for me so forgive the question if its been asked and answered somewhere. As the DVB-T2/C tuner on the OS mio 4K DVBS2X isn't much value in North America, why not sell the OS MINI 4K S2X?

Thanks Brian. This may sound a little unusual but I like finding new feeds more than I like watching TV so dual tuner doesn't serve me much purpose. :) I'll keep fingers crossed for the Mini 4k to become available. Thanks for bringing these to the US.

From.what I understand, the Mini cost won't be much different. We had heard that it would likely retail for about $15 less than the Mio. Until we get one to test, it is unknown how suitable it will be to our market.

Brought the Edision OS Mio to North America because it was a significantly more capable hardware than any other STB. Over a year later, and the models are still the most capable STBs available. The thing that sealed the deal for me was El Bandido's image development expertise and the assistance of Edision and tuner manufacturer Availink to support the TNAP image for an excellent NA hobbyist experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts