What chanels will be added?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately NASA channel is not going HD for at least another 2 years according to the last email I received from them in October. They disappointed me this last summer when the left their old home on AMC 9 C -Band and I was forced to watch on E*.
As for NESN HD that would be a great addition for N.E. subs (even though I'm a Yankee fan). I know that where I live Comcast refuses to add the SD NESN to their cable lineup even though the majority of the subscribers want it. They added YES and increased the monthly rates with no input from the public but refuse to move on NESN. I know that several hundred people in the area have switched to D* just because they are able to receive NESN.
I've watched a few Red Sox Games on NESN HD last season and I'll tell you Johnny Damon looks even scarier in HD than ever. :dev

How many of those channels transmit in HD, I've looked alt most of the of birds, can't find any of the above > Which C-band Birds Transmit those Services?.

Whatever happened to Gore's plan for the "Earthshot" satellite that was supposed to broadcast a view of the Earth 24/7?

Who Cares about Gores Plan: I thought we were talking about " Voom":: All of your post's say you have a very big Screen: Why not switch to C-Band : you don't have to worry about bandwidth or any other issue< come back?

It seem as tho we have a lot of NON VOOMER's ON this site, they talk about " NASA" Espn2HD : an who carries ESPN2HD??????;; Or NASA HD,or any other service talked about?? Name the Service People:??: ok even C-band which all services come from : What Bird and what Transponder?, can you name it: these programers don't just transmit to "Voom"," Dish", or Directv", do they

kelljc said:
It seem as tho we have a lot of NON VOOMER's ON this site, they talk about " NASA" Espn2HD : an who carries ESPN2HD??????;; Or NASA HD,or any other service talked about?? Name the Service People:??: ok even C-band which all services come from : What Bird and what Transponder?, can you name it: these programers don't just transmit to "Voom"," Dish", or Directv", do they
Hey kelljc, the topic is: "channels to be added" , that's why we're discussing channels not currently on Voom, channels we would like to see on Voom. That doesn't mean we aren't Voom customers. Regardless of any new channel that may or may not be added. I probably won't watch it, if it's not HD. Voom is a supplemental service for me, for the HD content.

"I could be wrong but I think only Comcast broadcast the Red Sox in HD. Make it so Voom...pretty please, with suger on top. "

Adtoolco,
Charter also carries NESN-HD so those of us "out west" can watch the games in HD also. Excellent coverage. It's amazing how much HD and DD5.1 add to the experience of watching a game at home. If I roast some peanuts, burn a pretzel, and spill some beer, I'm THERE :)

Lob

voomvoom said:
Hey kelljc, the topic is: "channels to be added" , that's why we're discussing channels not currently on Voom, channels we would like to see on Voom. That doesn't mean we aren't Voom customers. Regardless of any new channel that may or may not be added. I probably won't watch it, if it's not HD. Voom is a supplemental service for me, for the HD content.

My only reply to this statement :" How many Channels does E or D carry and when will they add more: Voom can only add new HD Channels as they come on line>. leaving out (2) that appear to be cable only what can Voom Add that they have not added so far> let's be fair to Voom. it seems a few people don't like their own HD's so what can they add that they could. Or should they spend dollars to upgrade a SD service that the videophiles will bash, and bash, and bash,.for Skeeters, and what not.

NESN said Voom can broadcast NESN-HD if they want to pick it up, but MLB said only to Massachusetts since MLB Extra Innings owns the rights to National HD broadcasts.

kelljc said:
My only reply to this statement :" How many Channels does E or D carry and when will they add more: Voom can only add new HD Channels as they come on line>. leaving out (2) that appear to be cable only what can Voom Add that they have not added so far> let's be fair to Voom. it seems a few people don't like their own HD's so what can they add that they could. Or should they spend dollars to upgrade a SD service that the videophiles will bash, and bash, and bash,.for Skeeters, and what not.

Go away....

Can we implement an age limit? Or maybe add "blow n go" to members computers so after .08 they'll just shut off?

roachxp said:
NESN said Voom can broadcast NESN-HD if they want to pick it up, but MLB said only to Massachusetts since MLB Extra Innings owns the rights to National HD broadcasts.

Shakespear was right... "First thing, kill all the lawyers"

Lob

kelljc said:

Voom said they are adding channels. (In HD) This is not a figment of our imaginations. This thread is merely speculatioon on what those channels may be, and in some cases, requests for what channels we would like to see. The HD channels are out there, no one broadcasts just to Voom or E* or D*, but only one or two of those providers may pick up the channel.

siujoey said:
Voom said they are adding channels. (In HD) This is not a figment of our imaginations. This thread is merely speculatioon on what those channels may be, and in some cases, requests for what channels we would like to see. The HD channels are out there, no one broadcasts just to Voom or E* or D*, but only one or two of those providers may pick up the channel.
You may be correct, but I've checked all current satellites and found only 3 or 4 services Voom does not carry as of this date> unless more providers are in the process on uplinking their services in "HD" where are any new "HD's " going to come from . upconverted or Voom Originals: no one can bake a cake without the batter:." Does anyone know of any main line services uplinking in "HD", that Voom Could add?. That I may have overlooked?: If so please give us the Satellite and Tp# on the new Channel. so we all can see?.

So here's what I don't get.
It seems that the general theme of your post is that VOOM is lying and/or the posts with info from CSRs are completely false. This is based on you not being able to identify and current "source" for new material, yes?

My question is, what difference does it make? I like what I have, I'd like to have more, and I'm pretty certain I will, at some point, from VOOM, have more.

Lob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts