What happened to dbsforums?

I am the Sports mod here just in case you didn't know. ;):D

And a Reds/Redskins/UK basketball fan.

BTW, sorry about the losses to Gardner-Webb, San Diego, and Mercer.

OTOH, at least Kentucky and the Redskins at least made it into the playoffs, while my Sabres look like a team that could self-destruct!

I have a feeling more Sabres will be dealt this season...

Never fear. I'm back! Sad to see dbsforums go down, RIP. Glad to see some familiar people over here. I'm not a big baseball guy so I usually don't have too much to add to those threads, but once football season rolls around I'll be glad to stir the pot.

Anders, it's great to hear from you again!!! Welcome :)

OTOH, at least Kentucky and the Redskins at least made it into the playoffs, while my Sabres look like a team that could self-destruct!

Don't forget he's a Bungles fan.:D

UK didn't lose to Mercer. That was Southern Cal that lost to them. San Diego didn't turn out to be that bad a loss. They made the NCAA's and won a couple of games. Now for Gardner Webb,well.......................

Anders - I trust we'll have some "spirited discussion" this fall, given the collision of our football teams, as well as my basketball team nipping at your 'heels (hardy har har)

:) Welcome!

Yes the football game should be quite interesting. I'm optimistic for this season, but not quite as confident as I am in basketball for obvious reasons. UConn should be strong in basketball this year, but the BE looks loaded.

Anders - I trust we'll have some "spirited discussion" this fall, given the collision of our football teams, as well as my basketball team nipping at your 'heels (hardy har har)

Yes the football game should be quite interesting. I'm optimistic for this season, but not quite as confident as I am in basketball for obvious reasons. UConn should be strong in basketball this year, but the BE looks loaded.

When exactly DOES UCONN play UNC on the gridiron?

Definitely 1000 times better than some of the other games that day:

Stanford at Notre Dame- Mediocrity vs. Mediocrity.

Navy at Air Force- Over/Under: 5 passing plays combined for both teams?

Auburn at Vanderbilt- As usual, this will be lopsided.

Florida State at Miami- Three words- Past its prime.

Oklahoma at Baylor- If the final margin is lower than 30, that will be a miracle.

Definitely 1000 times better than some of the other games that day:

Stanford at Notre Dame- Mediocrity vs. Mediocrity.

Navy at Air Force- Over/Under: 5 passing plays combined for both teams?

Auburn at Vanderbilt- As usual, this will be lopsided.

Florida State at Miami- Three words- Past its prime.

Oklahoma at Baylor- If the final margin is lower than 30, that will be a miracle.

What about Kentucky vs. Alabama? :D

Ah you boys forgot the biggest game with the biggest subplot. Rich Rodriguez vs. Jim Tressel. Will all that grief and money actually account for a dubbya.

Ah you boys forgot the biggest game with the biggest subplot. Rich Rodriguez vs. Jim Tressel. Will all that grief and money actually account for a dubbya.

Tressel vs. Carroll in September should be interesting as well. I'm trying to work out being in LA for the game.

Sandra

How is Rodriguez vs. Tressel the "biggest subplot"? Rodriguez has NO history with Michigan or playing against the Buckeyes. It will take a few years or a few losses to build up some drama between the coaches.

Go Bucks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts