What happened to regular software updates?

What are the glitches at the top of bottom of each hour you are talking about?
There's a roughly 1-second drop out at the top / bottom of the hour (really 29/59) on hopper and joey. This is true on live and also occurs at the original :29 and :59 when you are playing back a DVR event. In short, it's an actual issue with the datastream.

I have never noticed this on my Hopper and Joey despite widespread reporting of this bug here.
I've often wondered if it's related to PTAT, as I have that feature disabled on my system.

I'm not saying that I am not having that issue,all I can say for sure is I never noticed it.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

cac303 said: "Do I think that YOU will forget? No. Do I think that the average consumer will? Absolutely. I bet it happens all the time. Even if you don't forget, will your wife or kids understand when they sit down and turn on the TV and can't find the Oprah channnel? If it even cuts 0.5% of their customer call center volume it is a no brainer from a business perspective."

Hey, hey, whoah nelly! I'M the wife, and I am the more technically savvy and proficient one in the house thank you very much! And...I hate Oprah. I build PCs as a hobby, and I love first person shooter games. :p

Last edited:
mmeyer4663 said:
Hold the phone! TVMobili has to transcode the stream to play on the Hopper? The Hopper cannot play MP4? Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere.

Hopper CAN play mp4. So far it's all I use. I usually convert files using Cyberlink MediaEspresso and Intel Quick Sync to MP4 from whatever original format they were in. Transcoding is generally easier though. I think that transcoding quality isn't quite as good though since it has to be done on-the-fly.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

Interesting. I have been using HandBrake for quite awhile.
Can play MP4s from HandBrake on
HTC HD2
HTC Sensation
Samsung G 3
Samsung Tab 2 7"
Samsung Tab 9"
Samsung 7500 series 3D TV
Samsung 5900 BlueRay
Amazon Kindle
PC (Obviously)
PopcornHour A110

But not the Hopper.
Guess I'll take a look at Cyberlink MediaEspresso and Intel Quick Sync.
Can you provide some details on the format you configure so it will play on the Hopper? Audio format bit rates etc. If there is another thread which already covers this, would appreciate a link.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)