What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Does anyone know when NBATV HD is going to be on I hope its next Wednsday because there are some games on next week ( I know its preseason). Just want to see how it will look on my new HDTV
-----------
As far as I know, it is still sked. for this month. It will be one of those sub-channels (601-1), meaning it is a H/D channel whose content is differant than it's S/D content.
Others in this cat. are: Food Net (231-1)
HGTV (229-1)
NBA TV (601-1)
I have no idea if these channels will give any extra challenge to D* as far as
turning them on or not.:hungry:

could national geo be soon?

Just noticed on zap2it.com website for Directv listings, today they have many programs listed with the HD logo next to the title of the show...could that be added tomorrow? Hope so

Why isn't the SciFi channel listing Stargate Atlantis in HD? It is made in HD, but even in the Directv guide it doesn't show it as HD, only Widescreen.

Why isn't the SciFi channel listing Stargate Atlantis in HD? It is made in HD, but even in the Directv guide it doesn't show it as HD, only Widescreen.

Because it was shown letterbox with left and right black pillars like SD because it really is SD upconverted to 1080i

I don't think SciFi-hd is really anything more than SCIFI upconverted to 1080i for now. It is a placeholder for HD SCIFI down the road.

Anyone seen a real SCIFI-HD logo on the screen yet? Or just the SCIFI logo?

They just put the bloody thing up. Can't we give them a bit of time before we start in? There wasn't anyone anywhere able to see it before yesterday, did we expect everything to be up and running??

They just put the bloody thing up. Can't we give them a bit of time before we start in? There wasn't anyone anywhere able to see it before yesterday, did we expect everything to be up and running??

I am not giving them a break on stuff they already create in HD like Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica.

Because it was shown letterbox with left and right black pillars like SD because it really is SD upconverted to 1080i

I don't think SciFi-hd is really anything more than SCIFI upconverted to 1080i for now. It is a placeholder for HD SCIFI down the road.

Anyone seen a real SCIFI-HD logo on the screen yet? Or just the SCIFI logo?

I saw the SciFi HD logo last night. Of course the program wasn't in HD.

No and yes since it wasnt put up until the contract date. When you sign a contract to have an HD channel you should be prepared to provide Hd material on that HD channel and not all upconverts. IMO, this is the fault of the networks not D*.

Now - if you're liking this more and more..................

:cool:

anyway you could ask about the rsn's? directv, as usual, screwed up the hd hockey thursday night. the lightning game in hd was nowhere to find. and channel 96 here in daytona advertised the florida panthers game. the panthers game (also on hdnet) wasn't on because i'm not in there territory.

after, 10 minutes on the phone with directv, i was told it was my eqiupment. i was transferred to protection plan where i held for over 10 minutes before i hung up in frustration.

:rolleyes: You know I have over 40 HD channels to choose from now. I can't watch them all at the same time. I have the uncanny ability to select an HD channel that is broadcasting something I like in High Def. I am tickled to death to have them and am looking forward to even more in the very near future.

Never saw such a bunch of WHINERS!!!!!!

:rolleyes: You know I have over 40 HD channels to choose from now. I can't watch them all at the same time. I have the uncanny ability to select an HD channel that is broadcasting something I like in High Def. I am tickled to death to have them and am looking forward to even more in the very near future.

Never saw such a bunch of WHINERS!!!!!!

Since they DID have bragging rights for a bit - I guess it is hard to reconcile themsleves in the face of this REALITY HD TV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)