What we are hearing...

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just got off the phone with DirecTV. I deactivated my HR10-250. The girl I spoke with in retension confirmed the 2 tier priceing and told me that I would get a freeview unitl December 15. At that point if I want the "ultimate HD experience" it would cost me $5 more per month to get MGM, Smithssonian, HD Net, Universal HD, HDNet Movies, HD Theater. Basicly all the HD channels that don't have a SD counterpart.

I sure thought that we would be grandfathered in longer than December 15th.

And she didn't know the next release date for more HD channels.

Scott, the PQ on these channels look awesome! Don't you think? I wish they would stop beating around the bush and add HGTV HD, Chiller HD, MHD, NGC HD, and my wife was mad when they turned off FoodNetwork HD last nigh, what a tease! I wonder what's going on! You would think those whould have been up by now!

Honestly I am kind of Surprised, MHD and National Geographic HD were supposed to be two of the new channels turned on last night.

Chiller HD won't be on in HD until next year.

Honestly I am kind of Surprised, MHD and National Geographic HD were supposed to be two of the new channels turned on last night.

Chiller HD won't be on in HD until next year.

Good morning everyone...and is good HD morning, isn't it?

Scott, you are as surprised as the channels up on the air. To start with the additions Today: including USA. Bravo and Sci-Fi. They don't have the HD logos ready as jet...and no Press-realises before the launch.

The RSN's and the HD VOD were expected for the 17th. or after...for the HR's.

...but Hey! No complaints...as sooner the better for all of us.

Did Sci-Fi get turned on? I didn't see it this morning when I was home, but I left at 6:20am too.

sci-fi hd is on.

if you were to believe today's zap2it listings, we didn't get mhd, natgeohd or outdoorhd. but we did get bravo, scifi, hbo west hd and 3 rsn's not expected today.

icey is still patiently waiting for food network hd.

Is it true the standard commitment is going up to 18 months and the termination fee to 240 dollars a year? Can someone start a thread with all of the new price increases?

i wish "E" had Sci-Fi HD..I've always wished for that channel to go HD ever since it first came out years ago...getting a little bit of "E" buyers remorse now!

from the directv hd picture page web site

12 original channels
21 added sept 26
6 added oct 3 today
39 total to date

12 more shown to rollout in oct
51 total at end of october
the page specifically states nationals, so I believe it is why they are not counting the RSN.s that have gone national, nor do they list any of those for future addition to the toal count of 100 by year end.

9 more shown to rollout by year end
60 total shown

does anyone have any data on what the missing 40 "national hd channels" will be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)