What's For Lunch?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
With the grill buried under a foot of snow, I pulled out the old George Foreman Grill and prepared us a batch of cheeseburgers...

...and a salad. ;)

And you say you like to grill.....quitter!!!!!!!!!:p

I have a Foreman Grill, but honestly have never been real impressed with it (I have not used it in a while, any good recipes for it?). If I have to cook them inside, I just use my griddle, sometimes those are the best!

Add a couple of foil covered potatoes on the grill to the above mix... ;)

Attachments

• Grill.JPG
    Grill.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
I have 3 Chicken Breasts thawing, with my rub on them... going to wrap with foil and a strip of bacon each and put on the grill...

I just did this same thing with olives, basil, and sundried tomatoes and it was excellent...(though I prepared it in the oven...). I would love to try this with bacon.

I would imagine that a little olive oil and herb rub with some pancetta or prosciutto would be nice here too...(a la saltimbocca)

mmm....you got me thinking...

Dude...have you ever even SEEN a snowflake?!?!? :D :D :D

haha, we got an inch a year or two ago! I still say a grill will melt that snow!!!!!

Seriously, with the weather lately, I would grill here (15 degrees or so at night), but I MIGHT pack it in if i were in Chicago.....I MIGHT!!!!!!!!:D

haha, we got an inch a year or two ago! I still say a grill will melt that snow!!!!!

Seriously, with the weather lately, I would grill here (15 degrees or so at night), but I MIGHT pack it in if i were in Chicago.....I MIGHT!!!!!!!!:D

Its been below zero here since around wednesday...things started picking up again a little this afternoon...but still...it was pretty darn cold.

Basically, any weather I can take my daughter sledding in, I can grill in...and this weekend I wasn't even taking her sledding. :D

Seriously, I'm more upset with myself at the moment for not getting the darn thing coverd up before all that hit....but i was just being stubborn, thought I could get just one more steak out of the winter before then.... ;)

smoked turkey with provolone cheese and two slices of soft pepperidge farm whole wheat bread.

3 Skinless Chicken Breasts-- 1 with rub and a slice of bacon wrapped in foil, the other 2 with rub and a half slice of bacon on one side and a sausage patty split in half and flattened out (about 1/8" thick) on the other and wrapped in foil.. on grill now.

3 Skinless Chicken Breasts-- 1 with rub and a slice of bacon wrapped in foil, the other 2 with rub and a half slice of bacon on one side and a sausage patty split in half and flattened out (about 1/8" thick) on the other and wrapped in foil.. on grill now.
The sausage gave the chicken an added flavor that I really liked... will try this with salmon soon...

Meat and Bean Combination Enchilada's

Put Pinto Beans in Slow Cooker at 6 pm last night (after soaking)with 1 Earl Campbell Hot - Hot link and 2 Earl Campbell Mild - Hot links (had nuked till they were starting to split) and 2 diced Hatch Green Chiles... cooked overnight (had a bowl for breakfast) and left on low...
Browned 1 lb lean Hamburger Meat with 2 diced Hatch Green Chiles and add to Crock Pot and leave for 30 minutes...
Fried 2 Corn Tortillas briefly in oil and pat dry then layer, topping with grated Cheddar Cheese...