What's For Lunch?

With the grill buried under a foot of snow, I pulled out the old George Foreman Grill and prepared us a batch of cheeseburgers...

...and a salad. ;)

And you say you like to grill.....quitter!!!!!!!!!:p

I have a Foreman Grill, but honestly have never been real impressed with it (I have not used it in a while, any good recipes for it?). If I have to cook them inside, I just use my griddle, sometimes those are the best!

Add a couple of foil covered potatoes on the grill to the above mix... ;)

Attachments

• Grill.JPG
    Grill.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
I have 3 Chicken Breasts thawing, with my rub on them... going to wrap with foil and a strip of bacon each and put on the grill...

I just did this same thing with olives, basil, and sundried tomatoes and it was excellent...(though I prepared it in the oven...). I would love to try this with bacon.

I would imagine that a little olive oil and herb rub with some pancetta or prosciutto would be nice here too...(a la saltimbocca)

mmm....you got me thinking...

Dude...have you ever even SEEN a snowflake?!?!? :D :D :D

haha, we got an inch a year or two ago! I still say a grill will melt that snow!!!!!

Seriously, with the weather lately, I would grill here (15 degrees or so at night), but I MIGHT pack it in if i were in Chicago.....I MIGHT!!!!!!!!:D

haha, we got an inch a year or two ago! I still say a grill will melt that snow!!!!!

Seriously, with the weather lately, I would grill here (15 degrees or so at night), but I MIGHT pack it in if i were in Chicago.....I MIGHT!!!!!!!!:D

Its been below zero here since around wednesday...things started picking up again a little this afternoon...but still...it was pretty darn cold.

Basically, any weather I can take my daughter sledding in, I can grill in...and this weekend I wasn't even taking her sledding. :D

Seriously, I'm more upset with myself at the moment for not getting the darn thing coverd up before all that hit....but i was just being stubborn, thought I could get just one more steak out of the winter before then.... ;)

smoked turkey with provolone cheese and two slices of soft pepperidge farm whole wheat bread.

3 Skinless Chicken Breasts-- 1 with rub and a slice of bacon wrapped in foil, the other 2 with rub and a half slice of bacon on one side and a sausage patty split in half and flattened out (about 1/8" thick) on the other and wrapped in foil.. on grill now.

3 Skinless Chicken Breasts-- 1 with rub and a slice of bacon wrapped in foil, the other 2 with rub and a half slice of bacon on one side and a sausage patty split in half and flattened out (about 1/8" thick) on the other and wrapped in foil.. on grill now.
The sausage gave the chicken an added flavor that I really liked... will try this with salmon soon...

Meat and Bean Combination Enchilada's

Put Pinto Beans in Slow Cooker at 6 pm last night (after soaking)with 1 Earl Campbell Hot - Hot link and 2 Earl Campbell Mild - Hot links (had nuked till they were starting to split) and 2 diced Hatch Green Chiles... cooked overnight (had a bowl for breakfast) and left on low...
Browned 1 lb lean Hamburger Meat with 2 diced Hatch Green Chiles and add to Crock Pot and leave for 30 minutes...
Fried 2 Corn Tortillas briefly in oil and pat dry then layer, topping with grated Cheddar Cheese...