What's happening with the Sat Launch?

I wonder if he gives up on HD and just goes for the low-cost DBS provider. Just try to trim costs, stick to leveraging the DVR (if tivo doesn't shut them off) and try to milk the lower end of the market. I don't think its a good idea as the telecom and cable groups are feeding in that area, but it may be the only strategic option left since Dish won't be able to compete head-to-head with D*

Is AMC-14 screwing up a US GPS Satellite launch?

Spaceflight Now | Delta Launch Report | Mission Status Center

0505 GMT (1:05 a.m. EDT)

NEW LAUNCH TIME. Mission managers are going to adjust the target launch time to 2:10 a.m. EDT, one minute later than planned. This is due to a COLA, or Collision Avoidance, period that prohibits liftoff in the initial minute of today's window, ensuring the rocket isn't launched on a trajectory that would pass too close to an object already in space.

Charlie can't give up.. He will be dead in the water. If he doesn't get the HD up and running, he will be back selling satellite systems out of his garage like he started out.

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

"I feel a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced,"

Those are the E* customers getting ready to call D* for HD this week.

From the press release
"The Lockheed Martin-built AMC 14 satellite would have been used for EchoStar's DISH Network service."

That about sums it up!

Thank god for SkyAngel going away! We'll get more HD, but I think you'll see locals put on hold and a very selective process on what new HD channels are launched. No doubt in my mind Charlie will look for ways to clear up some space, perhaps by dumping waste such a voom.

Someone tell me if i'm out of line here.. But international launch service? Kazahkastan? Is E* paying the price for cutting corners and dealing with 3rd world nations launching their satellites?

So this problem was caused by WHO launched the rocket, and NOT some failure or design flaw in the Proton itself?

I know D* is using Sea Launch but, they have had failures too.

Seems like only one party is to blame, ILS. It's their rocket.

Now you could ask why AMC is using ILS to launch their precious satellites from a 3rd world country using russian technology. Russians arent know for their quality workmanship.

A problem during the second of three planned firings by the Breeze M upper stage has caused tonight's launch of AMERICOM 14 communications spacecraft to end in failure.

The first sentence really says it all. "end in failure"

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts