When will CBS58 (WDJT) in Milwaukee be in HD on Dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

brewtownska

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
SE Wisconsin
I'm sorry to start a new topic for something that will only pertain to the people in southeastern Wisconsin, but I was not sure if there was a better place to ask the question.

In Milwaukee, CBS58 (WDJT) has held out on providing their HD signal to Dish. Originally they only provided it to Time Warner Cable. It then took a few years to get it on DirecTv. Finally we got word today from the chief engineer of WDJT on another forum that Dish has had the rights to broadcast in HD since July 2010. He also mentioned that Dish has not provided him an approximate time when they will begin broadcasting.

So my question is, for those who have been through this same situation in other cities, any ideas how long it takes from Dish getting permission to broadcast, to when they actually WILL broadcast. I know all about Dish's definition of "soon", so let's not go there :)

With all the uplink reports that get posted here, is there ever any advanced warning of a new station being broadcast in HD? For instance, will someone here see it in a report saying it's going up in a month...or a week...or just a day early? Looking for some estimation from anyone in the know. With football season here, I'm hoping to see it sooner than later.

Thanks!

Mike

In SE Wisconsin here, this has been a sore point with me since I moved to Dish, hopefully they will start broadcasting it soon. survivor and Football in SD is horrible.

Who could we email/call at Dish to bug them about getting it uploaded? in know a regular CSR won't care at all if we call them.

Last edited:
So is there no one in this forum who can help? CSR's have been absolutely no help at all. Just want an email contact to see what is up, even if they end up blowing me off, I'd still like to email them.

The station is owned by Weigel Broadcasting. They held up the CBS station in Milwaukee until they had their independent station in Chicago retransmitted back when local-into-local first started. So the easy way is to ask the staton manager about the negotiations.

Actually, the station manager has told us on a Milwaukee area message board that HE can't even get Dish to return his messages on when they may go live in HD on Dish. So it's really anyone's guess at this point. I knew that when I first started this thread. I was mostly interested in finding out how early do uplinks happen and show in the report before the station truly goes live. Are we talking a few days, weeks, a month? I just don't know what the standards are and whether we're going to get a date from the station manager first, or are we going to see an uplink first as a test and then just wait with fingers crossed as to when it will go live.

It's finally here! Last night I went to watch Craig Ferguson's show, and couldn't find 58 in my channel guide. I went to edit the channels, and found the HD version was now the only one available and I had to enable it to show in the guide. I'm glad it's finally here - now I can PiP 2 HD games on Sundays.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts