Which LNBF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

taelon721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
My friend is thinking about getting a 10 ft dish. I was wanting to know what LNBF would we need to get both Cband and KUband linear and circular?

I know we will need to have a Cband Analog receiver to go with an FTA receiver like the Coolsat 5000 to be able to move the dish, and to get the Analog Cband and Ku feeds. Just need to find an LNBF that does it all.

Thanks....

You will not find a lnbf that does it all, also unless they really want analog then you can just use a Pansat with a v-box and then be able to use lnb's.

Remember if they want any sub type programming they will be best off with a 4dtv and slaving a dvb receiver to it.

For a lnbf that will get linear c/ku the geosat or dms lnbf will work great, if you want circular c-band with c/ku linear then you will be best off with the corotor II plus wideband with quality lnb's like Norsat or Cal Amp.

Nothing much on circular ku-band anyways.

Here is one

This might be what you are looking for. I noticed a feedhorn on Skyvision that is C/KU Linear and DBS (which I believe is circular?), but it costs $200, plus you have to buy your individual LNB's to add to it. Also, it has a servo motor on it that changes the polarity of the C/KU side from H to V. So, in order to use this feedhorn, you would need to have a receiver that actually has skew control jacks on the back of it. I can't name that many receivers right off hand that have a skew control, but I know the Pansat 2700 has it. Other than this feedhorn, I have not seen any that have C/KU/DBS in one unit. Good luck!

My friend is thinking about getting a 10 ft dish. I was wanting to know what LNBF would we need to get both Cband and KUband linear and circular?

I know we will need to have a Cband Analog receiver to go with an FTA receiver like the Coolsat 5000 to be able to move the dish, and to get the Analog Cband and Ku feeds. Just need to find an LNBF that does it all.

Thanks....

Feeds

Ok. It looks like cutting down on the dishfarm is going to be to expensive at $200+ for LNBF. We atleast want to get the feeds, especially TV shows, which I believe are Cband Analog that you can't get with a Ku motorized dish with a QPH-031 LNB.

So are most Cband LNBF not capable of switching between Horizontal and Vertical? Do most have two cables coming off the dish, one for each polarity? Please enlighten me.

My head is starting to spin..... I am feeling dizzy.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)