Wii availability??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I've been looking for a Wii since Christmas at my local Bestbuy with still no luck. Does anyone know when they will be shipping more units out? I'm sure I could find one online, but I have a few Bestbuy gift cards I received for Christmas that I would like to spend on a Wii.

Just ask one of the associates when they get there shipments in. Usually on Tuesday for most of the stores in my area. Get there as soon as they open and you will be able to get one. They might only get a few in - but if you are the first there - you are golden. My friend does this at Wal-Mart every week and sells them on ebay for $100 profit.

Be sure to check Toys R Us as well. I was just in to the one near me and found Guitar Hero III for the Wii. Nearly impossible to find! They were expecting another shipment of consoles this week also.

This is getting ridiculous. It's been almost 2 months since Christmas and still no Wii's to be found (not in my town anyway). What's up with Nintendo? Did they quit manufacturing these things or what?

Nah, they are waiting for next Christmas :) and then they will say by next springs everyone should have the Wii.
But Nintendo has done a horrible job on getting more Wii's out..
There are some Wii's here in Reno, but there aren't many..I was lucky to buy one before Christmas, and ended up selling it on ebay for 450$ including shipping.
Their hardware sales are great, but their disc sales are atrocious.
That might be one of the reasons why they are not releasing pallets of Wii's to the stores.

Check out websites like slickdeals.net and look for the flyers for the upcoming Sunday. If there's Wiis advertised in the Sunday flyer, very good chance that store will have them on Sunday. Downside is you have to get up early and stand in line.

You had to buy one? Didn't your wife let you keep one? THANKS again to Prize Goddess my daughter LOVES her Wii :)

It actually wasn't for us, we got one the day it launched. :hungry: We got one for a gift for someone. I'm glad she is still enjoying it. My son plays his wii a lot too!

Wal Mart has the bundle in stock online. Rumor has it, you can order the bundle and return the items you don't want to your local Wal Mart Store.

I run into them quite frequently aound the Ft Worth area, I got one for my girls last year and they love it. I will pick up another one next time is see one and let you know.:up

This is getting ridiculous. It's been almost 2 months since Christmas and still no Wii's to be found (not in my town anyway). What's up with Nintendo? Did they quit manufacturing these things or what?
How many stores have you been waiting at when they open ? What stores did you ask when they typically get their shipments ? I was in a Game Stop a week ago or so and a couple people came in and asked about WIIs and were told "Sunday morning". Huh ?? Who gets deliveries on Sunday mornings or Saturday nights ?

How many stores have you been waiting at when they open ? What stores did you ask when they typically get their shipments ? I was in a Game Stop a week ago or so and a couple people came in and asked about WIIs and were told "Sunday morning". Huh ?? Who gets deliveries on Sunday mornings or Saturday nights ?

The Gamestop by me says the same thing, they get them on Sunday morning, the catch is you have to buy 3 games and the WII at the same time to prevent EBayers from buying them all up.

We have 2 Gamestops in town and both have said they haven't received any in weeks, and they have only had a hand full since Christmas. My closest BestBuy is one town over and when I call them they have a voice message saying they don't have any information on when the Wii's will be arriving. So they have obviously been slammed with phone calls about it.

Sams Club get thems every other week out here (Youngstown, OH), they get 24-48 at a time, I have had mine since March of last year, never had a problem gettin one, everyone in my office has one too, we all go to Sams, not a lot of people check out there. Was just there yesterday and they had another crate of them...

FINALLY. After a few months of searching I finally found a Wii. We had a new Circuit City open up today in my town and my wife was the first one in the door this morning. She said they had about 40 units in stock.

Now I need to decide which games to buy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts