Wii u

Walmart put the Wii U Deluxe up for pre-order layway this past week (pay at least 10% down, max 2 per customer). An old Marine buddy who manages a Walmart gave me the heads up.

I now have the first 2 systems at that store reserved :)

My boys will get the first as their Christmas gift. Haven't decided what to do with the other. Either sell it, give it away, or keep it. We had 2 wii's (bought one when it came out for the kids, and soon after won a second at the satguys christmas party), and that was pretty convient. So not sure what I'll do with the second.
Well.. you could sell it and turn a pretty nice profit on eBay/Craiglist..
Or you could keep it and then you have a 2nd tablet controller ready once games can actually take advantage of the feature. Something tells me those tablets won't be cheap. I bet they'll be charging $100 for them when released officially.
Or you could send it to me free of charge except for shipping costs because you've lost some brain functions and somehow that idea makes sense.

Well.. you could sell it and turn a pretty nice profit on eBay/Craiglist..
Or you could keep it and then you have a 2nd tablet controller ready once games can actually take advantage of the feature. Something tells me those tablets won't be cheap. I bet they'll be charging $100 for them when released officially.
Or you could send it to me free of charge except for shipping costs because you've lost some brain functions and somehow that idea makes sense.
Was going the ebay route back when the wii came out and I won the second unit. That was until I made the mistake of telling my wife I won it, and she was happy that she didn't have to fight the kids to play Zelda. So we would up with a kids unit in the play room and an adult unit in the living room.

As it is, since the tablet controller is going to be in short supply for a while (you can't even order 1 by itself right now) I'll probably keep it, so they kids don't have to fight over who gets to use it when they play together.

I just don't see the kiosks doing a good job of selling it. Rayman is the only demo I've seen on any of them, and both of the WalMart kiosks have no playble games.

The motto "This is how U will play" and the advertising in-store makes it look more like a tablet add-on for the Wii, not a new system.

All that being said, Mario in HD and a more traditional controller (touchscreen aside) makes me kinda want one.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they would have been in stock I probably would have picked one up as an impulse buy because I thought ZombieU looked cool. Now I'm glad they weren't in stock. I'm not a huge fan of any of the Nintendo first party franchises and so far most of the third party games are just ports missing features that the other consoles got. Maybe things will change but it's not a console I need right now. Maybe in a couple years after price drop.

Now, whenever Sony and Microsoft release their next consoles they will be day one purchases for me.

Got my kids unit all boxed up and wrapped. Be interesting to see how it plays. Worthwhile purchase since their Wii has a damaged face plate (eject button barely works) and you're supposed to be able to transfer wii dlc to a wii-u.

I got a chance to play one this weekend. For you who purchased one for Christmas update before Christmas if you want the kids to play on Christmas day. The kids will want to play it and won't be wanting to wait. I'm talking 2 or 3 hours for updates.

The load times for games are slow. I didn't expect that. Target had them this weekend and I noticed the prices on Ebay. People aren't overpaying for them.

And RAM that runs half the speed of the he current consoles. Probably to blame for the poor performance of most of the ports.

Has more of it, but will cause issues for games that need to load/unload it frequently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Watching the sales on ebay. It appears that many aren't going to make any money on the sales. I remember the profit that many got from the PS3 and also the original wii. Not going to happen on this one. I have seen a few sell for $350 and some have gone up as high as $400. That's hardly worth the trouble.

Will be interesting to see how they do over the next few months. They're readily available on shelves around here.

Told my wife I want one. Got a pretty firm no since I have more consoles than games I play regularly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

As I stated, I'm not buying one until A: Price reduction and B: More games come out. I'm not dishing out for the latest console just so I can play the new Super Mario game.

Of course, if I win one on the 12th I won't be declining it.. :cool:

I said I was going to hold off as well but when I saw them sitting there at best buy I just couldn't help myself. I picked up the deluxe version that includes nintendoland. I also grabbed ZombieU and New Super Mario U. I am very much an impulse buyer but I figured I was going to end up with one eventually anyways so why wait. Between my PS3, 360, Wii U, and Vita I have a ridiculous amount of games I haven't even opened yet. Now I just have to find the time to play them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)