Will Voom ever be carried on DirecTV ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbos said:
Yes, I am aware of that, it was just a thought.... Jimbo

Do you think that D* considered this possible merger when stating the potenial of 150 HD channels by the end of 2007? Could they have expected this that far back?

Oh, I thought you were asking and I was answering.

I have not aseen any specifics on the merger yet, is it a merger or is one taking over the other? and which way?

Thats because there are no specifics yet as it is barely into the discussion phase; the rumours in the papers/markets is that it will be DirecTV buying out or absorbing Dish.

However I am still skeptical that it actually happens. I look at it this way; last time they "tried" this, there was maybe a 10% - 15% chance of approval, if that high; so now may be a "somewhat better chance of really happening" - but that could still be less than a 50% chance; and I find it tough to give up those kind of odds. Even in today's environment and with Rupert being the man on the move this time.

Could the new merger be called: DirectDISH ????

I say IF the RUMORS of the buyout talks happen to make the SLIM possibility of actually happening; it will stay DirecTV and Dish will go away, or 24 months+ down the road Ergen partnered with another company, starts yet another DBS provider.

Last edited:
Doctor Bob said:
Wow, so if you are so aware, of all of these things, then why are you asking so many questions??? RONTGLMAO....
I was aware of the 150 potential capacity for HD channels and 1500 locals .... as you were too. :)

Am I not allowed to ask a question or two ?
or can I only try to help people :confused:

I thought if I asked a question I would get a knowledgeable answer, many of us like to share our knowledge withone another.

You too have helped me from time to time ....

Was that a mistake ????

Sorry Uncle Bob just trying to learn and share

Jimbos said:
I was aware of the 150 potential capacity for HD channels and 1500 locals .... as you were too. :)

Am I not allowed to ask a question or two ?
or can I only try to help people :confused:

I thought if I asked a question I would get a knowledgeable answer, many of us like to share our knowledge withone another.

You too have helped me from time to time ....

Was that a mistake ????

Sorry Uncle Bob just trying to learn and share

RONTGLMAO..... No you were not!!! You were just were just trying to feed your own Ego, which is not all bad... RONTGLMAO....

Here is some great insight, as to what is taking place in the world of the "Big Dogs"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/06/business/yourmoney/06frenzy.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin

Read between the lines, because the writer of this article has some interesting ideas, and points out how the "Big Dogs" think from time to time....

Lets not forget that Dish still has an Exclusive contract with Voom, this was in the original Stock holders meeting. The End Date of this contract was non discolsed though.

Doctor Bob said:
RONTGLMAO..... No you were not!!! You were just were just trying to feed your own Ego, which is not all bad... RONTGLMAO....

See ... we are allowed to offer our own opinions ...
Good article from the NY Times btw

Jimbo

Last edited:
ScottChez said:
Lets not forget that Dish still has an Exclusive contract with Voom, this was in the original Stock holders meeting. The End Date of this contract was non discolsed though.

Exclusive? Are you sure? Can you point this out in the SEC filing. As far as I knew I did not know there was an exclusive contract. I know dish got 20% investment as part of the deal to put it on their satellite. Just want to really know if there is an exclusive clause which I thought there was none.

Sean Mota said:
Exclusive? Are you sure? Can you point this out in the SEC filing. As far as I knew I did not know there was an exclusive contract. I know dish got 20% investment as part of the deal to put it on their satellite. Just want to really know if there is an exclusive clause which I thought there was none.

I for one would not want to have to pay even 5 cents more a month for VOOM programming. If they were to start carrying it, I only hope it becomes an entirely SEPARATE programming package that costs ONLY those that have interest in it.

Doctor Bob said:

Here is some great insight, as to what is taking place in the world of the "Big Dogs"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/06/business/yourmoney/06frenzy.html?_r=1&ref=business&oref=slogin

Read between the lines, because the writer of this article has some interesting ideas, and points out how the "Big Dogs" think from time to time....

Is there some reason why you put "RONTGLMAO" in virtually every post?

ScoBuck said:
I for one would not want to have to pay even 5 cents more a month for VOOM programming. If they were to start carrying it, I only hope it becomes an entirely SEPARATE programming package that costs ONLY those that have interest in it.

A dream that will not come true. Tell the same to the shopping channels. Aren't we paying for all them now? :D Programmers know that there is no money on a la carte basis. This is why no one in their right mind will go for a la carte basis and will try to end up in a tier.

Programming interests vary by individual. I, for one, love the VOOM programming and the resolution.
esteps

ScoBuck said:

What does RONTGLMAO mean anyway. I am 100% serious about this. It is making my brain hurt tring to figure it out. HELP!!! Its the "N" That has me screwed up.

Its a popular KIDS shorthard, for those that hate, or are to lazy, to type in actual English and have no need to promote the ease of conversational understanding like real adults.

Rolling
ON (N is incorrectly added / is silent) the correct acronym is ROTGLMAO
The
Ground
Laughing
My
Ass
Off

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Its a popular KIDS shorthard (LEARN HOW TO SPELL), for those that hate, or are to lazy, to type in actual English and have no need to promote the ease of conversational understanding like real adults.

Did someone pass on, and leave you in the position of being the Queen, for the universe??? No body is impressed with you Charper1, except you... RONTGLMAO...

How funny! I did not mention YOU by name, nor was specifically talking about, or to you; so you must have been feeling mighty guilty to attack me personally - yet again! Those shorthand acronyms are widely held in such disdain, not just be me; BUT since you brought it up, judging by your posts here, and most other threads; I bow to YOU, my QUEEN of rudeness, childishness and insult!

You never seem to have anything nice or constructive to say to, or about, anyone unless they agree with you. You come across as the ultimate two-faced, bitter old man and SNOB. You really need to calm down some and get a life by being a bit more "open" and stop taking every comment so damn personal and being so derogatory toward everything and everybody. Hell, you wonder why everyone busts you chops.

RIFGDBJADTDHHMAO

P.S. I am sure you will spend hours to reply with even more attacks and feisty, possibly witty, repartee; but rest assured I am done pointing out how you seem to come across in most of your posts and will have nothing more to say here and will gladly let you have the last word. Enjoy! Maybe now we can all get along?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)