Will Voom ever be carried on DirecTV ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Satmeister said:
...even that's more than those channels deserve... :cool:

This is why nobody take you guys seriously about the PQ and some seem to be quite used to sub HD. It does not matter the HD channel. All HD channels should be transmitted at either 1920x1080i or 1280x720p. Otherwise, DirecTv will always be an inferior HD product no matter whether they have the capacity or not. The comment is so out of left field that makes you wonder if DirecTv will ever make it right to their sub and give full resolution to their 1080i channels. :rolleyes: With this type of attitude --like I do not care-- will they ever?

Sean Mota said:
:rolleyes: With this type of attitude --like I do not care-- will they ever?
Sean - HD does not turn crappy content into quality content - which was the point. Voom's content has been debated at nausiuml before, but in the context of the thread starter, its not a matter of "I don't care", its a matter of content quality vs picture quality - 2 separate issues entirely. Even though they had some loyal followers, the reality is that Voom failed miserably on its own based on the same basic content, and an HD reproduction (in any resolution) will not change the content itself. THAT was the point.

Satmeister said:
Sean - HD does not turn crappy content into quality content - which was the point. Voom's content has been debated at nausiuml before, but in the context of the thread starter, its not a matter of "I don't care", its a matter of content quality vs picture quality - 2 separate issues entirely. Even though they had some loyal followers, the reality is that Voom failed miserably on its own based on the same basic content, and an HD reproduction (in any resolution) will not change the content itself. THAT was the point.

As I see it you are the least qualify around to make a comment about the content since you do not even have it to make such a general statement. VOOM content was never the problem as it was pretty good then as it is now. Voom customers were happy with the content as you may find the same with other subs that have it now. DirecTv subs who do not have it try it to make it trash because that is the justification (and only one that can be found) for not having the channels. I can call trash UHD but of course you will not call UHD trash since DirecTv carries it, right?

Satmeister said:
...even that's more than those channels deserve... :cool:
The point was D* doesnt have the bandwidth and would have to further degrade the CRAP they are now trying to pass as HD. :rolleyes:. As far as Voom content goes you are clueless as usual, your SOP.

Iceberg said:
cleaned up the thread and removed the bs crap

lets keep it on topic folks :)

You only deleted my posts! LOL! Do you get a little god like feeling doing that stuff?

vurbano said:
As far as Voom content goes you are clueless as usual, your SOP.
Had it long enough to recognize Voom's crapola when we saw it. Apparently, based on its massive failure in the marketplace, many others felt so as well. Again, YOU are clueless that the point is that making those goofy manure channels HD still did not remove the stink. :eek:

But then there were a few folks that liked them, so they can always get E* to continue their love affair. :cool:

Satmeister said:
Had it long enough to recognize Voom's crapola when we saw it. Apparently, based on its massive failure in the marketplace, many others felt so as well. Again, YOU are clueless that the point is that making those goofy manure channels HD still did not remove the stink. :eek:

But then there were a few folks that liked them, so they can always get E* to continue their love affair. :cool:
How long did you have it Mr. Directv.:rolleyes:

vurbano said:
How long did you have it Mr. Directv.:rolleyes:
Two billing cycles, Mr. Voom. :rolleyes:

That included the tail end of the perpetual firmware updates to get the hardware properly working. I watched to see if they would be aggressive with adding non-proprietary channels...unfortunately for them, by the time they got their act straightened out on the hardware, billing, and new mainstream HD channel front, they had more than one foot in the out-of-business doorway. Startups are hard enough to make a go of it, but mis-management makes it virtually impossible to succeed.

BTW, I also had E* about 2 years ago too for 3 months on a "special offer", and let that go as well. They're at least giving D* a run for their money. Nothing wrong with competition.

Satmeister said:
Two billing cycles, Mr. Voom. :rolleyes:

That included the tail end of the perpetual firmware updates to get the hardware properly working. I watched to see if they would be aggressive with adding non-proprietary channels...unfortunately for them, by the time they got their act straightened out on the hardware, billing, and new mainstream HD channel front, they had more than one foot in the out-of-business doorway. Startups are hard enough to make a go of it, but mis-management makes it virtually impossible to succeed.

BTW, I also had E* about 2 years ago too for 3 months on a "special offer", and let that go as well. They're at least giving D* a run for their money. Nothing wrong with competition.

never had a problem with Voom hardware. 2 months of service a year or 2 ago hardly makes you aware the current programming.

igator99 said:
You only deleted my posts! LOL! Do you get a little god like feeling doing that stuff?

check the picture below and see that I removed everything that was off topic at that time. on the previous page I nuked 2 posts that also were OT flaming BS crap.

and contrary to your beliefs... I don't get "a little god like feeling" like you think. I do it because it is off topic BS and flaming that is not needed. If you don't like it, there are other boards that do a helluva lot more "cleaning" than we do here.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 114
Iceberg said:
check the picture below and see that I removed everything that was off topic at that time. on the previous page I nuked 2 posts that also were OT flaming BS crap.

and contrary to your beliefs... I don't get "a little god like feeling" like you think. I do it because it is off topic BS and flaming that is not needed. If you don't like it, there are other boards that do a helluva lot more "cleaning" than we do here.

I've found another board. I will still come here for information. dbstalk.com seems to have less traffic but still enough to get good information without people flaming you. You "nuked" a post? LOL! Makes you feel good doesn't it?:D

OK boys back on topic...which was...oh yea, getting Vooms crappy content on D*. I have a feeling that if we could receive a technically perfect HD picture, Vurbano would sit in amazement and watch bread getting stale. Wow look at the pretty picture. Ummm Iceberg, this was totally not intended to flame anyone either real or fictional. Once again there are those of us that watch what we watch for content and appreciate getting the best picture we can and continue to want improvement, and those that are so facinated with the technology that as long as the result is technically superior it doesn't matter what we are watching.

igator99 said:
I've found another board. I will still come here for information. dbstalk.com seems to have less traffic but still enough to get good information without people flaming you.

haha! Boy isnt that a laugh. They delete posts and threads because you don't agree with them :)

FlyingJ said:
OK boys back on topic...which was...oh yea, getting Vooms crappy content on D*. I have a feeling that if we could receive a technically perfect HD picture, Vurbano would sit in amazement and watch bread getting stale. Wow look at the pretty picture. Ummm Iceberg, this was totally not intended to flame anyone either real or fictional. Once again there are those of us that watch what we watch for content and appreciate getting the best picture we can and continue to want improvement, and those that are so facinated with the technology that as long as the result is technically superior it doesn't matter what we are watching.
Dish with the Voom channels has everything D* has except ST and with better PQ. With your logic everyone should drop any provider that carries a channel they dont watch. :rolleyes:

PS stop the trolling flaming.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
never had a problem with Voom hardware. 2 months of service a year or 2 ago hardly makes you aware the current programming.
Sir, the channels are virtually the same (I have seen them on E*, so the world has not changed all that much (and by the way, it wasn't 2 years ago....). Glad to hear you were one of the lucky ones with no hardware issues. I guess the 14+ firmware updates and direct communications to many customers about hardware-related issues (hundreds of posts on this about a year ago) were not really a problem. :rolleyes:

Clearly there was a market for the Voom channels, albeit a small one. It was smart for E* to add them into their stable at the time. Duplicating these with any other provider, I suspect, adds little value - there are only so many Monsters Channel HD fans out there. :D

FlyingJ said:

oh no I understand :)
I removed the personal attacks that some people needed to make to get their point across. Disagreeing about Voom's content (I havent seen Voom programming ever so I can't comment) is cool. Personally attacking someone isn't :)

I hope you didn't misunderstand me Iceberg, I am all for you removing the stuff you did if it was personally attacking someone like you should (most of Guffy's posts). I just wanted you to know that my post was not intended to do that. And no V, I am not stating that. I am stating that I am not interseted. Also, "everything that D* has except for ST" that's hilarious, factual yes, but hilarious. It's like saying that Hunt's has the same accounts that Heinz has except for McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's. It is what makes D* D* ,and I have stated several times that if one is not interested in ST and are looking for HD than no doubt at this time E* is the way to go. Bravo to Sean for finally cutting D* out, I suggest you do the same.

Iceberg said:
haha! Boy isnt that a laugh. They delete posts and threads because you don't agree with them :)

What ever Iceberg. You need to get back on topic. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)