Will Voom Show a real DVR tomorrow at CES 2005? Yes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know that tomorrow when Scott reports back from CES! :)

Right Scott?

See I told you Scott and Sean could be bigger teases than a bar room stripper.

I can't wait for the news and reviews. I really wish I could have attending...damn this job! Perhaps we'll see live/taped coverage of CES2005 on HDN? The Camera Crew should still be in Vegas after covering the New Years festivities.

BTW, I would sure like to see a 10-15 minutes DVR preview on INVOOM (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) in the very near future.

Damn it I was at Vegas 3 wks ago. I should've changed my plans to be there this week instead or better yet, stayed the last 3 wks :D

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I really hate CES. They show you all these nice cool gadgets, and they never seem to have them available anytime soon. It seems this stuff never hits the streets for at least a year if at all.

Hasn't Voom been showing off this DVR for sometime? Yet it still is not available. What I really want to know is WHEN!?! D%^#&T :mad:

YuriLuzr said:
Hasn't Voom been showing off this DVR for sometime?
No, what they were showing before, was a demo: functional prototype DVR software running on a UNIX computer. This time we are hoping to see the real unit.

Walter L. said:
Damn it I was at Vegas 3 wks ago. I should've changed my plans to be there this week instead or better yet, stayed the last 3 wks :D

Nice to know you could afford the crap tables for 3 more weeks. lol :)

Sean Mota said:
The answer is YES. The DVR complete solution will be there as some of you already have posted a press release and some already have some insight information. The box was built by motorola and its model # is the 580; it will have OPENTV software and Ucentric (DVR software) plus NDS. The whole network solution will be presented. What to look for? Everything.... Speculate now how long before it gets out but this is it. This is the production box that will be rolled out. I hope Scott takes a lot of pictures and video. I wonder why OPENTV??? ;)
This is Huge news. You should post over at AVS.

vurbano said:
This is Huge news. You should post over at AVS.

Tired of posting at AVS and getting the same negative answers. I'd bet you that if this is posted someone would post a "but". Tired of getting into non-sensical debates of people that have no knowledge or have a special interest. So I am staying away from posting at AVS because it leads to nothing. As I said before, there's a lot of stuff we the staff know but cannot post and only will post when the information is about to go public. We knew about the DVR since early October 2004. Yes, we never had seen one but we knew that it was worked on. We knew some of it not all. We tried to leave you pieces of information here and there as clues since we knew that it was more than a unix pc.

The bottom line is that there is more where this came from and because we tried to respect insight information by not going public we sometimes need to stay away from a lot of misinformation posted here and not tried to dispute it. I can tell you right now that based on the information that we know VOOM is not going down (at least not easily). Not that we know it all but based on what we know, there is a long way to go before we all see the end of VOOM. I do not deny that I and others could have been given wrong information but that's hard to do when more than one source it's involved. There's a lot of stuff coming but ONLY time will tell. The naysayers may have their day, but it won't be in the near future.

Ilya said:
This thread and Sean's post have already been quoted there. ;)

I was posting while you posted. Send me the link through PM. I like to read the comments although I won't post.

Added the link above.

Sean Mota said:
Tired of posting at AVS and getting the same negative answers. I'd bet you that if this is posted someone would post a "but". Tired of getting into non-sensical debates of people that have no knowledge or have a special interest.
I fully understand. Its pretty ridiculous over there most of the time. I really admire the way you kept a level head over there.

Chas said:
I still have DirecTV, so should I go get signed with VOOM now?

Chas,

welcome! I do not think we can answer this for you. The DVR is being displayed at CES 2005 but no one has a released date yet. Look on the forum and you will see all the negative/positive. Make your decision based on what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)