winky wright fight

tenth round

i think winky wright was surprised the ref did not stop it. he was close to knocking the other guy out. surprised that he could not finish it off. he had him.

I watched the fight. Winky did land the power punches but if you looked at photos of the two boxers afterwards and made a guess as to who landed the most the clear winner was the Aussie. Winky's face looked like hell to me. I think the landing statistic was horsesh$t. IMO winky had a strategy to let the guy wear himself out and he would run out of gas. A strategy that conceeds the early rounds. It didnt work. I believe anyone that can go like that for 12 rounds should be rewarded. Obviously the judges reworked the scorecards so that Winky would win. It was not a landslide as they scored it. Yes winky almost knocked the guy down, but the DIDNT, he threw very few punches and got beaten up in the process IMO. He also exposed his lack of knockout power.

Last edited:
I don't think it was a boring fight. Winky had his hands full with this mate. I have became a instant fan of this guy. Sure he didn't have the boxing skills of some of the better fighters but this had a huge heart. I think the decision was a little biased but I do think Winky did win by a cunt hair!!!! I will be looking for this guy in the future. This just goes to show you that you don't absolutely have to have alot of boxing skills to be effective. Go out there and let your hands go and see what happens. This is the reason that I hate to watch B. Hopkins. He thinks to much instead of letting his hands go. Judges love to see a fighter throw punches and be active even if you don't land all of them. Everyone has a boxers chance. Standing there and not throwing punches doesn't get you any points and it makes for a boring fight.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)