Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
Hi

I have two s9 open box receivers and one s10. The one s9 stopped working and I was installing the second s9. I wanted to put the same firmware on this unit however I mixed up the firmware and put the s10 firmware on the s9. Yes you guessed it it won't work.

Is there any way to fix this or is it a door stop.

I have looked on this site under firmware and found a driver which will allow one to access the receiver by serial port. Will this then allow me to unload the proper firmware.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Yup if your S9 is unresponsive you will need the serial null modem cable to reload the correct firmware. You will also need the loader software. I think its available in the firmware download section.

I had the same reaction when I tried to install S10 FW on my S9.

Oh I also had to get a serial to USB converter since my laptop does not have an rs-232 port.

Thanks for the information Jorgek. I have a serial cable and both ends have a female adapter. I'm assuming this is the cable you are referring to. I to will have to get an adapter. Once I obtain the proper connector and find the firmware patch how do I go about doing this.

Thanks

Well you have the driver, you will have to set the com port after you install the USB/Serial adapter. Then you enter the firmware version to download to S9. Follow the prompts. Takes about 5 minutes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)