WS International Promotion

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
How long are you guys running these deals? I'm likely going to be in Atlanta at least once during the summer installing some new equipment in my rack at Telx, just not sure when that will be yet.

The specials we run are usually for 30 days. Let us know when you come by, and we'll make you a good deal. In fact, I was going to announce this a little bit later on, but since we are now talking about it, here we go: I have created a perminent discount code for SatelliteGuys members to receive 10% off their purchases made online, in person, or over the phone. The discount code is "satguys". The only catch is that you can not combine it with any other special offer or discounted deals we have.

If I just walk in and announce "I'm Pepper, SatelliteGuys.US member" they'll give me a good deal on whatever I see in stock?
:D:up

If I just walk in and announce "I'm Pepper, SatelliteGuys.US member" they'll give me a good deal on whatever I see in stock? :D
I don't see why not.
I phoned 'em up and said, "I'm Anole from the SatGuy's forum", and got treated like a long-lost brother by Robby! - :up

I'm sure these guys make a great dish for the price, but I bought a WS 90cm dish and after 6 months, all the hardware is rusted. None of my other dishes - some up for decades - are rusted. Also, the 'mount' was hard to mount on the side of my roof, hard to aim, and after a few rainstorms (minor rain here in Los Angeles), the flimsy mount is no longer pointed at a satellite.The shipping cost as much as the dish (not really WS's fault), and it's the best damn $50 dish I've ever seen! I just wish I had paid $60 for a better one.My 2cents--Gary

Most hardware rusts here in SE Louisiana due to the subtropical climate. I've learned that spraying all exposed nuts, bolts, washers, etc. with some clear protective enamel prevents rusting. The downside is that you must re-coat whenever you loosen the nuts to adjust anything.

Robby, I got 2 of these 4-out put universal lnb-f's, and I am very happy with the way they perform.
but my ? is to you, why don't you make any of these universal lnb-f's like this??

Attachments

• 100_0264.JPG
    100_0264.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 146
  • 100_0265.JPG
    100_0265.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
  • 100_0266.JPG
    100_0266.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 154
Nice mod! :)

Was actually thinking of doing a dual output universal or standard for a prime focus dish, but I'm not sure how popular that may be.

Looking at it from a business or marketing stand point, it may be better to make them with a c-120 flange. then this way the customer could either use it on a offset or prime focus dish, and sell the Invacom ADF-120 also. 1 lnb is on a 10-ft dish with a Invacom ADF-120 prime focus feed and scalar, the other WSI lnb is on a 1.8 C.M. offset Ku dish bolted to a Channel Master feed horn for that dish, now my signal levels and my CNR is a lot better than when I had the WSI lnb on the 1.8m dish the way it came out of the box.

another thing that I found out Robby, when I was doing the tuning on the prime focus dish, is the setting of the scalar ring F/D ratio was so very inportant to get the CNR down, a small adjustments made big changes in the CNR. so if you did market them for a prime focus dish, you realy need to have a adjustable scalar on the lnb.
hope this small amount of info helps their Robby.

Nice mod! :)

Was actually thinking of doing a dual output universal or standard for a prime focus dish, but I'm not sure how popular that may be.

Robby, my honest opinion. Captain1, should have a place in your R&D department!! Can you imagine how much more he could offer if he had the right equipment from your R&D department? :)

Looking at it from a business or marketing stand point, it may be better to make them with a c-120 flange. then this way the customer could either use it on a offset or prime focus dish, and sell the Invacom ADF-120 also. 1 lnb is on a 10-ft dish with a Invacom ADF-120 prime focus feed and scalar, the other WSI lnb is on a 1.8 C.M. offset Ku dish bolted to a Channel Master feed horn for that dish, now my signal levels and my CNR is a lot better than when I had the WSI lnb on the 1.8m dish the way it came out of the box.

another thing that I found out Robby, when I was doing the tuning on the prime focus dish, is the setting of the scalar ring F/D ratio was so very inportant to get the CNR down, a small adjustments made big changes in the CNR. so if you did market them for a prime focus dish, you realy need to have a adjustable scalar on the lnb.
:up Excellent!

of course this help. Any information helps. I have always said that I welcome customer feedback. That's important to our business. Eventually, you are the ones that will be using or not using the products we bring to this market and industry. When I look to customers for feedbacks and ideas, then I sit down and try to analyze the business side of it. If it makes sense, we move forward with it. This may not always be within 24-48 hours, but no idea goes ignored.

Robby, my honest opinion. Captain1, should have a place in your R&D department!! Can you imagine how much more he could offer if he had the right equipment from your R&D department?

You know, most SatelliteGuys members would make excellent R&D personnel I think because they are always hands-on. They see things us, as business people would miss.

On the matter of ideas, since there seems to be little interest in making lnb's that can electronicly do both circular and linear signals with out going out and manually adding/removing a disk, (only one lnb that I know that can) how about controlling the disk with a solenoid? It can be controlled remotely with a diseqc command.

On the matter of ideas, since there seems to be little interest in making lnb's that can electronicly do both circular and linear signals with out going out and manually adding/removing a disk, (only one lnb that I know that can) how about controlling the disk with a solenoid? It can be controlled remotely with a diseqc command.

What would be nice is if WSI would make their C/Ku LNB more effective on 1.2M offset dishes. I'd venture a better horn design specific to offset dishes would go a long way to getting the performance that the electronics promise on the screen.

As for lin/circ ... simple. Replace the built in 2X DISQC switch with a 4X one. port 1 C-linear port 2 C-circular ( your solenoid idea? ) port 3 Ku-linear port 4 Ku circular.

Other than changing out the switch and getting a better horn, WSI's existing ( and very nice ) LNB offering wouldn't actually need much work at all.

Just another idea... ;)

What would be nice is if WSI would make their C/Ku LNB more effective on 1.2M offset dishes. I'd venture a better horn design specific to offset dishes would go a long way to getting the performance that the electronics promise on the screen.

As for lin/circ ... simple. Replace the built in 2X DISQC switch with a 4X one. port 1 C-linear port 2 C-circular ( your solenoid idea? ) port 3 Ku-linear port 4 Ku circular.

Other than changing out the switch and getting a better horn, WSI's existing ( and very nice ) LNB offering wouldn't actually need much work at all.

Just another idea... ;)

Having a minibud, I'd love to see them offer a combo C/Ku lnb optimized for the offset dish but I doubt our numbers are sufficient for it to make sense for them financially.

The difference with an offset should just be in the feed horn right? so if it was made two parts, you could just mix and match the two parts.

In theory yes but I'm just doubtful that the the R&D for such a new product would be worthwhile.

In theory yes but I'm just doubtful that the the R&D for such a new product would be worthwhile.

Look at the DMX741U... very nice package:up

I've seen a lnb mount for that ( 56mm ? ) and a offset horn. Thats all it takes to make it work.

Problem is not the electronics. Its the feed horn and case. I don't think that call for much R&D... if any.

As for a 4X Diseqc switch and a solenoid to move the dielectric piece in place...

I hope we're not talking rocket science here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts