WTF, Sunday Ticket price should be lowered not raised!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called Movers Connection. The website indicates ask about Free Sunday Ticket with your move. Rep said as long as I didnt have it last year it would be free. I didnt have ST last year but have previously 2009 and before. When it came to adding it the rep couldnt get it added, so I think it looks at more than just last year.

He worked on some other credits and I was satisified:
$20 off package for 6 months
$5 off package for 6 months
$10 HD credit for six months (I was previously not able to get the 24 month HD credit due to other discounts on the account that have ended)
Free Showtime for a year
Free Starz for 6 months

When I asked if I could get the 24 month HD credit instead of six months he checked and was able to do it which I was happy tk hear because I couldnt get it last year. I also asked if he could do ST ToGo for free and he checked and added it.

In the end ST will cost me $19 a month for the six months or $114 total. Toss in the premiums and I was happy. Although I went through the mover line I would expect that retentions could have worked something very similar.

I called Movers Connection. The website indicates ask about Free Sunday Ticket with your move. Rep said as long as I didnt have it last year it would be free. I didnt have ST last year but have previously 2009 and before. When it came to adding it the rep couldnt get it added, so I think it looks at more than just last year.

He worked on some other credits and I was satisified:
$20 off package for 6 months
$5 off package for 6 months
$10 HD credit for six months (I was previously not able to get the 24 month HD credit due to other discounts on the account that have ended)
Free Showtime for a year
Free Starz for 6 months

When I asked if I could get the 24 month HD credit instead of six months he checked and was able to do it which I was happy tk hear because I couldnt get it last year. I also asked if he could do ST ToGo for free and he checked and added it.

In the end ST will cost me $19 a month for the six months or $114 total. Toss in the premiums and I was happy. Although I went through the mover line I would expect that retentions could have worked something very similar.

Watch your bill and make sure they give you the credits. Direct promised me specific credits for promo's and receiver issues and it was not as they stated on my last bill. When I called them the CSR changed the rules and I was not happy. I told them they were lairs. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she wouldn't let me. I finally told her let me talk with retentions and it was like pulling teeth to get transfered. I finally said if you don't connect me I'm calling back myself for retentions. Anyway the retentions department was very nice and gave me what originally was promised and took it off the bill right there for the current month. She said if there are any other issues in months ahead just call retentions back. The sad part is you have to put up with stupid first line CSR's to get what they promise. From my experience with DirecTV nothing is ever easy. :(

I called SRL (for my big dish) the other day to change around payment for services and it was a piece of cake. They also answered the phone right away without any phone prompting. Thats the way it should be with Direct but ain't!

Last edited:
Credits were showing before I was off the phone, $18.99 current balace due, account was zero to start. ST 53.99/mo less $35 credit for six months.

I called SRL (for my big dish) the other day to change around payment for services and it was a piece of cake. They also answered the phone right away without any phone prompting. Thats the way it should be with Direct but ain't!

19 million subs with Directv and about 5000 with SRL...gee hold times with Directv would be outrageous if we used that theory to drop the auto attendant :rolleyes:

TVRO you have very unreal phone bank expectations comparing one with customers out the wazoo vs another that likely aint got crap to do but watch paint dry while looking for another job. Be realistic and stop nitpicking crap because of a personal beef.

99% of my issues can be self or web resolved but when I need them my hold times are almost always less that 2m and resolutions are maybe a 5 - 7m at best. This also has been most of my friends and relative experiences as well.

I think if anyone gets it for $200 with some deals that's good. Look at the price of gas just to get to a game. I would be happy with that. I'm still not getting it this year because so many Pats games on going to be in the clear for me but I would pay $200 for the Sunday Ticket if I wanted other games.

Last edited:
Direct reminds me of dealing with AT&T, or my electric and gas company, they stink dealing with the public. Maybe its just the way these big companies deal today. Its not a beef thing. I'm only stating facts that have happened. I don't know why some here feel Direct can do no wrong.:confused:

Direct reminds me of dealing with AT&T, or my electric and gas company, they stink dealing with the public. Maybe its just the way these big companies deal today. Its not a beef thing. I'm only stating facts that have happened. I don't know why some here feel Direct can do no wrong.:confused:

Probably because according to you they can do NOTHING right ....

You aren't stating any facts, actually.

I guess he forgets he has credits on the acct so Family pack is $20 ;)

It's still too expensive at 20 bucks, Direct is spending about $3.00 maximum on those channels and overhead to auth my STB, they are making a killing at $30.00. The mases are brainwashed to pay high prices. There are ones that will accept $10.00 a gallon gas too. Wonder why the government is going to default in a few days. This insane greed out there caused it. All for me nothing for you... don't be surprised when we hit a full blown depression. Wonder who will be able to afford pay tv bills then? But hey today I still have my ESPN at $70 a month so I'm happy. :facepalm

everyone of you that subscribes to it is responsible for the continued inflated price of it. Directv bids the highest for it every time because they know you people will pay and they use it as bait to fish for new customers.

everyone of you that subscribes to it is responsible for the continued inflated price of it. Directv bids the highest for it every time because they know you people will pay and they use it as bait to fish for new customers.

This will continue till they hit the tipping point. When people start falling off then they will be forced to lower it or loose customers and revenue.

Sunday ticket deals, what is everyone getting

I just called and got the NFL Sunday ticket with the mobile app for $143.97
Original price $323.94 + $50 for mobile TOGO app total $373.94.
They gave me $30 off each month and a one time credit of $50 for the TOGO app. All this being said and I have been a customer for 15 years. You never know until you call, and I call every year. Thanks Directv!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!

This will continue till they hit the tipping point. When people start falling off then they will be forced to lower it or loose customers and revenue.

Its called the free market economy and that is EXACTLY how it is supposed to work; what ever the market will bear...... that is how worth is basically established.

I just called and got the NFL Sunday ticket with the mobile app for $143.97
Original price $323.94 + $50 for mobile TOGO app total $373.94.
They gave me $30 off each month and a one time credit of $50 for the TOGO app. All this being said and I have been a customer for 15 years. You never know until you call, and I call every year. Thanks Directv!!!!!!

Go Phins!!!!

Did you talk to someone specific? I just spoke to a regular agent or whatever, who then transfered me to the "nfl department" and they are only willing to give it to me for $53.99 for automatic renewal and then $10 off that so i would be paying $43.99 for 6 months Probably not the best deal but a heck of alot better than paying $66 a month.

It's still too expensive at 20 bucks, Direct is spending about $3.00 maximum on those channels and overhead to auth my STB, they are making a killing at $30.00. The mases are brainwashed to pay high prices. There are ones that will accept $10.00 a gallon gas too. Wonder why the government is going to default in a few days. This insane greed out there caused it. All for me nothing for you... don't be surprised when we hit a full blown depression. Wonder who will be able to afford pay tv bills then? But hey today I still have my ESPN at $70 a month so I'm happy. :facepalm

So, what does your C-Band bill look like and what is on it ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)