OTHER X2 Premium HD PVR Satellite Receiver

Scanned fine for me.. with blind scan.
Among other services there.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was about to do that, until I decided to go back to the previous firmware, lol. The remote sluggishness of this newest release was enough to convince me.

I see they're still adding more features than they're fixing. Almost like marketing is more important than function. Yes we can list 9 billion features and most of them even work. I'll take a stable box over IPTV and Picasa thank you. What do I expect for 50 buck or whatever it costs? More. Not worth the fast blind scan for me. Putting it back on the shelf......again. Maybe next release.

Haha gotta love it with fast scan instead of waiting and waiting and waiting with that microwave oven to cook :what:

If its too fast for yall then why dont u sell it in the classified area??

I think you "all" are still using it. :D

It would cost more to ship then they would actually get for the unit.

Its a good unit to try again in the future though.

Well fits fine in a flat rate large envelope from USPS for $5 and change. :D

I just got my new S2 units from DX.com

the iBox mini HD Plus unit starts up with "Openbox". Looks like it is a copy.
http://dx.com/p/ibox-mini-hd-plus-m...ver-w-biss-patch-newcamd-sharing-dolby-206886
I have just started to play with it but it was a pain to program.

The Skybox F5 works fine but does only one of instant play back or record.
http://dx.com/p/f5-1080p-hd-pvr-dvb...te-receivers-w-tv-rs232-usb-rj45-black-197987

Got these for use on DC power. The iBox uses 5v and the Skybox 12v.
Both have internet via cable or wifi dongle. I will try this soon.
I hope that will let me watch PressTV via the net. Lost that last month from both Optus D2 and Intelsat19.
The skybox has lots of outputs which is useful for a man with lots of TV's. Card slot as well.

Owen

I just got my new S2 units from DX.com

the iBox mini HD Plus unit starts up with "Openbox". Looks like it is a copy.
http://dx.com/p/ibox-mini-hd-plus-m...ver-w-biss-patch-newcamd-sharing-dolby-206886
I have just started to play with it but it was a pain to program.

The Skybox F5 works fine but does only one of instant play back or record.
http://dx.com/p/f5-1080p-hd-pvr-dvb...te-receivers-w-tv-rs232-usb-rj45-black-197987

Got these for use on DC power. The iBox uses 5v and the Skybox 12v.
Both have internet via cable or wifi dongle. I will try this soon.
I hope that will let me watch PressTV via the net. Lost that last month from both Optus D2 and Intelsat19.
The skybox has lots of outputs which is useful for a man with lots of TV's. Card slot as well.

Owen

That's great, but what do either of those receivers have to do with the X2 Premium, which is what this thread is about? Have you confused "S2" with the receiver name "X2"?

USB external hard drive capacity?

Hello, new to the forum....great stuff here, thank you for hosting the site.

I have searched this thread and tried to find the answer on google, but have not found the answer I am looking for.

Questions:

1. What is the maximum size USB external drive that this "X2 Premium" will support? Looking to run a 2TB hard drive in a external enclosure.

2. What is the typical file size per hour of recording? IE. how many gigabytes for a one hour show/recording?

Thank you!

Hello, new to the forum....great stuff here, thank you for hosting the site.

I have searched this thread and tried to find the answer on google, but have not found the answer I am looking for.

Questions:

1. What is the maximum size USB external drive that this "X2 Premium" will support? Looking to run a 2TB hard drive in a external enclosure.

2. What is the typical file size per hour of recording? IE. how many gigabytes for a one hour show/recording?

Thank you!

Dont know about 2TB since I dont have one handy to try.

Recording is about 1GB/Hour SD
And about 4GB/Hour in HD approx.

Can I use the X2 Premium channel editor for the $22.00, X2–M1?

The X2-M1 does have a serial port, just wondering if I can add/edit channels using the same procedure as the X2 Premium.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)