XBOX One Owners Thread

Had a great bunch of games with King and 2 nice people he met the other day. We played Custom games for nearly 2 hours, among all different Halo games. This is really the best feature of the MCC, the incredible multiplayer package. I look forward to continuing to play this and expand to the various other games, like Oddball, KOTH, and Hammerstein matches, as well as add some more players.

FYI, I STRONGLY suggest everyone get the Xbox One Smartglass app. It's very useful for communicating outside of the One. You can get messages and requests out a hell of a lot faster, and if you have it running you can get your messages whenever. It's a lot easier to do Xbox Live stuff than with the One itself, especially if you're like me and don't have the Kinect.

Had a great bunch of games with King and 2 nice people he met the other day. We played Custom games for nearly 2 hours, among all different Halo games. This is really the best feature of the MCC, the incredible multiplayer package. I look forward to continuing to play this and expand to the various other games, like Oddball, KOTH, and Hammerstein matches, as well as add some more players.

FYI, I STRONGLY suggest everyone get the Xbox One Smartglass app. It's very useful for communicating outside of the One. You can get messages and requests out a hell of a lot faster, and if you have it running you can get your messages whenever. It's a lot easier to do Xbox Live stuff than with the One itself, especially if you're like me and don't have the Kinect.

That was by far the most fun I have had since I got the game. It was fun going from game to game without all the waiting. Plus it's the only way to do fun stuff like giving everyone a rocket launcher or active camo and shotguns. After you left last night the people we were playing with told me they used to play a custom game on a Forge version of Foundry from Halo 3. They basically adjust the map to make it tight enough to play dodge ball with plasma grenades only. Stuff like that is only possible in custom games.

Until matchmaking is fixed, creating a party and playing custom games is really the only way to go. If you don't you will spend as much time looking at the searching for players screen as you will playing. Even once it is fixed I will still want to play custom games from time to time. If you have a good group of people it's a blast.

I also second the Smartglass app. Even when I'm sitting at my console I pull up messages and achievements on my iPad. The interface is faster and responding to messages with a keyboard is so much easier than a controller. Plus last night the people we wanted to play with weren't online at the time. I sent them a message letting them know we were going to play anyways. They got the message on their phone and were ready to play with us about 2 minutes later.

Edit: Playstation has a similar app if you are using PS4. I still recommend it for sending messages with a keyboard instead of a controller but it is much more clunky and slow than Smartglass.

I wanted to share this since it's A: Funny and B: Tangentially related to this thread.

So on the Howard Stern Radio Show, one of the staff members went on Paternity leave (Maternity leave for the father.) This person also has an Xbox One, and as King mentioned, when you have friends, you have a sort of "twitter feed" that keeps you updated about what your friends do. So one of the staff members kept track of what he did over his paternity leave. Very funny results. In case it wasn't implied, this is very NSFW due to language. And the moral of the story is to hide your Xbox One activity if it can be used against you!

Looks like the HBO Go app is coming to the One finally.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/11/18/7241671/hbo-go-xbox-one-release-imminent

Edit: Maybe not..

Update: Here's the official ad for HBO Go on Xbox One, which says the app is live today. It still isn't available.

Update 2: A Microsoft representative told Polygon that the HBO Go app is still on its way to Xbox One, and as for a specific release date, the spokesperson said, "While we do not have anything to announce at this time, we look forward to sharing more details soon."

Regarding the tile on the Xbox 360 dashboard that said the app was "now on Xbox One," the Microsoft rep called it a "minor programming error" and said "it has since been removed." We've asked about the video ad below, and will update this article with any information we receive.

Update 3: Microsoft has set the YouTube video to private as of 1:47 p.m. ET, so it's no longer viewable.

Last edited:
If you haven't played Sunset Overdrive and want to check it out without buying tomorrow is your chance. Gold members get the full game free for 24 hours this Saturday. If you're really hardcore (and cheap) you can beat the game in that time. It took me about 14 hours.

If you haven't played Sunset Overdrive and want to check it out without buying tomorrow is your chance. Gold members get the full game free for 24 hours this Saturday. If you're really hardcore (and cheap) you can beat the game in that time. It took me about 14 hours.

Link here: http://majornelson.com/2014/11/21/sunset-overdrive-free-xbox-live-gold-members-saturday/

It would be nice if they'd let us preload it NOW so that we don't lose valuable time downloading it. I'll be sure to take a look. I may get up early on Saturday since my wife and one of the kids will be out.

Link here: http://majornelson.com/2014/11/21/sunset-overdrive-free-xbox-live-gold-members-saturday/

It would be nice if they'd let us preload it NOW so that we don't lose valuable time downloading it. I'll be sure to take a look. I may get up early on Saturday since my wife and one of the kids will be out.

I won't be taking advantage of this one but I hope Microsoft continues to borrow this free weekend deal from Steam with more games in the future. If they pair them up with a discount on purchasing the game it could give them a nice bump in sales.

I won't be taking advantage of this one but I hope Microsoft continues to borrow this free weekend deal from Steam with more games in the future. If they pair them up with a discount on purchasing the game it could give them a nice bump in sales.
Yeah well this is the same company that originally wanted to ban used games and force 100% online connectivity. Baby steps when it comes to good ideas from Microsoft.

Reactions: yourbeliefs
Well I don't know if this was intentional or an accident, but I'm playing SO right now. It preloaded enough to play, then told me I could do so, so I created a character and am on the first mission. Let's see how this goes.
Edit: well apparently I didn't load enough because now I'm staring at a screen that says "Please wait for the game to finish installing." Oh so I can play 10 minutes then I have to wait for an hour for the rest to download? Not cool.

Well I don't know if this was intentional or an accident, but I'm playing SO right now. It preloaded enough to play, then told me I could do so, so I created a character and am on the first mission. Let's see how this goes.
Edit: well apparently I didn't load enough because now I'm staring at a screen that says "Please wait for the game to finish installing." Oh so I can play 10 minutes then I have to wait for an hour for the rest to download? Not cool.
Well it wasn't supposed to unlock until midnight so you can't complain too much about it.

tonight mine brother hooked up a HDMI splitter that does both so i can snap tv DirecTV now without removing any wires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)