You CAN get NFL Redzone without Sunday Ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi there and thanks for a great website. You guys have saved me so much money, let me share my story.
I have been a D* customer since 2007 (and also a few years back in the 90s). 2 years ago I complained that I shouldn't have to pay for HD since all new subscribers were getting it for free. As a result, I got 24 months for free ($240) which I thought was pretty sweet. Last months, my 24-month offer expired, resulting in a $10 increase on my bill. I was wondering if I could call them again and get the same deal, and that's how I discovered this site. Reading this thread pushed me to call the retention department and also ask for free RZ. I was also thinking about upgrading from the grandfathered Choice Classic package to Ultimate, and see if they could also help me there. Well, this is what I got:
1. 24 months free HD for entering a 24 month contact (which I was already in when I signed for whole-home 3 months ago) (saving $240)
2. $10 off for 12 months for using autopay (saving $120)
3. ST Max (incl. RZ) for $100 (4 payments of $36.99 + credit of $47.96) (saving $199.95)
4. $5 off for 3 months for upgrading to the Ultimate package (saving $15)

All in all, this is $575 in freebies! I didn't get RZ for free, but ST Max for $100 is pretty good I think.

Thanks again for all your tips.

Ok I am a rep that is in the promotions dept. yes being nice gets you more stuff however they just changed a lot go the offer qualifications and depending on your rate plan your payment history and how much you have been given over the years. I just hope you all make sure not to think your going to get it every year. The free red zone is only to customers that have a higher plan and low credit.

I pay for ST in one payment, and paid the $199 months ago. I called upset that Redzone is now separate and $100 more, which essentially is true for me as I don't use the online viewing or shortcuts but like redzone. I was hoping to get the free red-zone in addition to my NFLST. After just a couple minutes I was offered the Max upgrade for $40, then for free.

Got what I had hoped for, and I think $200 for NFLST with Redzone is a very fair price.

Been a DTV customer since Feb. 2004 (and a few years in the 90's).
Early on I paid full price for the MLB and NFL packages each year. Thanks to this site, that's no longer the case. :)
I actually didn't do the MLB Extra Innings at all this year (got MLB.tv instead).
I hoped that would not affect me trying to get a better deal on ST, and it didn't. Called today to get the auto-renew of 6 payments of $49.99 for ST MAX - which is due tomorrow - cancelled.
I got a friendly agent who understood that I have a toddler at home, and that price for me was just impossible.
Ended up getting ST MAX for 4 payments of $36.99. ($147.96 total)
Also have a $10 and $5 discount expiring this month, so she gave me a $15 discount for 12 months starting next month.
For what it's worth, I just spoke to the first person I got. No retention department. I don't know if it makes a difference, but I don't call the main number. I call one on some kind of "preferred customer" card they sent me years ago. Don't know if it even makes a difference anymore.

Ok I am a rep that is in the promotions dept. yes being nice gets you more stuff however they just changed a lot go the offer qualifications and depending on your rate plan your payment history and how much you have been given over the years. I just hope you all make sure not to think your going to get it every year. The free red zone is only to customers that have a higher plan and low credit.

I just called and asked what I could pay to get the stand-alone redzone channel 703 in HD and they said it couldn't be separated from the NFLST bundle (as I expected them to say.) I've never missed a payment and also have almost always had the sportspack. My package for all 5 years I've been a customer is the higher-end HD-DVR one which in today's language I believe is the same as Choice-Extra-Plus. Am I considered high-end enough to be able to order 703-HD unbundled? If so, who do I ask to talk to to get it? It just sucks that I can get the virtual same thing from DISH/cable/Uverse for free if I switched. I'm in my favorite team's local market, so I don't have any need or desire to pay for the normal NFLST.

Thanks to this site, I just called retention being a member whose contract ends April. Got ST Max for free with a 5 month extension and 2 month free of HBO, Starz, etc. Thanks guys!!!

Define higher plan an low credit? I'm on the Select Choice plan and have gotten standalone redzone for free the previous two years. This year I got ST AND Redzone for free.

Xdcinc said:

I don't understand why you don't offer RZ for $99 for the season. I understand you want to make more money by making people get the full package, but isn't it better to make some money rather than giving it away for free? You guys really need to rethink this.

Status
Please reply by conversation.