2 4x1 DISEQC Switch + 22 Khz switch ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jenom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I have read a post about that it may be possible to use 2 4x1 Diseqc switches and connect their output to a 22 khz tone switch to create a 8 input 1 output setup. (see attachment)

My understanding is that by turning OFF or ON the 22 khz, it will select the input of the 22 khz switch....so it will choose the first or second 4x1 switch.

But it is not clear, how exactly modify the settings in my Captivework Premium receivers "installation" "antenna setup" menu ?

Thanks for any info !

Attachments

• Switch.GIF
    Switch.GIF
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,265
I think I would put DiSEqC switches before the 22kHz switches (with respect to the devices leading up to the LNBs). This would be similar to an idea I had a few years ago, in this post:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/15808-insane-setup-possible.html

I suppose it depends on what parts you already have, and what you find cheaply available. Below is what I believe you are proposing, and that would require 4 22k switches, but only 1 diseqc
attachment.php

As far as the settings, I don't have that receiver, but for each satellite there should be a setting for diseqc port (1 thru 4 or A thru D), and a setting for 22k tone (on or off). for each satellite location, you'll set the appropriate diseqc port value AND the appropriate 22k tone value.

Attachments

• Switch.GIF
    Switch.GIF
    4.7 KB · Views: 2,871
I have read a post about that it may be possible to use 2 4x1 Diseqc switches and connect their output to a 22 khz tone switch to create a 8 input 1 output setup. (see attachment)

My understanding is that by turning OFF or ON the 22 khz, it will select the input of the 22 khz switch....so it will choose the first or second 4x1 switch.

But it is not clear, how exactly modify the settings in my Captivework Premium receivers "installation" "antenna setup" menu ?

Thanks for any info !
There are only a few 22khz switches that work in this configuration. Ecoda is probably the most used brand for this. The 22khz switch MUST pass Diseqc commands for this configuration, and most 22khz switches won't do it.

Configuring should be easy if you have your diagram with you. Any satellite on one Diseqc switch has to have 22kHZ=OFF and any satellite on the other Diseqc Switch has to have 22kHZ=ON, in addition to the Diseqc port assignment.

Don't lose your diagram , though, or you'll spend a lot time out at the dish looking at the cabling . :)

There are only a few 22khz switches that work in this configuration. Ecoda is probably the most used brand for this. ...
Crud, thanks for the reminder. I keep forgetting that Ecoda is the key to this setup! I have never owned anything by Ecoda switches, so I forget that there is a difference :/

yep the Ecoda switches will pass diseqc tones.

Otherwise its add a 22k to each input of the diseqc

Thanks for all the info!

I bought this 22 khz switch on E-Bay for a very low price, see attachment

A) it works if I put it between 2 LNB and the 4x1 DISEQC switch,
B)but it does not works if it is between the receiver and the 4x1 DISEQC switches.

I guess I would need either to get few more of this, and put them as in "A",
or buy the mentioned ECODA ? ENCODA? switch and do as in "B"

Attachments

• 22khz switch.jpg
    22khz switch.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 430
Since you already have this one ordered, if you already have 2 4x1 diseqc switches, give it a try. It might work, and if not then get 3 more of these 22khz switches, or get an Ecoda 22khz switch. It never hurts to try?

Al

Not an ECODA switch

No, it is not an "ECODA" switch , it is a GECEN SW-03/P , nicely made,looks like it will not rust, see attachment.

When i tried it after the receiver and before diseqc ; it did not work!
When i put it after one of the output of the diseqc; it worked OK !

Searched ebay ; Found only one place selling an "ECODA" switch ;US$8 + US4.50 ship=US12.50

Wish I would got this one at the first place; I might still get one.

It would be interesting to open up both of these switches, and compare the circuits, to see what is different in the ECODA

Thank again for all the info !

Attachments

• gecen -sw-03P.gif
    gecen -sw-03P.gif
    23.2 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:
No, it is not an "ECODA" switch , it is a GECEN SW-03/P , nicely made,looks like it will not rust, see attachment.
no thats what I'm saying...unless it says "ecoda" on it, it wont pass diseqc commands

When i tried it after the receiver and before diseqc ; it did not work!
When i put it after one of the output of the diseqc; it worked OK !
yep. tried 4 different brands of 22k switches and had that same issue. At one point, Sadoun had a diagram to use 8 LNB's on one reciever with that way...but didnt work...Also tried a 4x8 multiswitch before it...that didnt work either :(

Searched ebay ; Found only one place selling an "ECODA" switch ;US$8 + US4.50 ship=US12.50

thats about what I paid for mine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts