2 year commitment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Have you changed receiver or otherwise upgraded? Do you recall they mentioned that you were committing to two more years for that?

I replaced a dead TiVo with a DirecTV DVR within the last eight months and they most definately told me there would be a two-year commitment.

I have always been told about my lease extensions when upgrading and always asked to sign an agreement stating the terms.

So far they have not raised my rates to the several thousand dollar per month, or higher, level that they theoretically legally could!

They probably won't, either, because they'd prefer we not all cancel at the end of two years.

2 YR AGREEMENT ENDS 12/1/09

I have been with D* since 12/1/07, since I am a HD customer I signed a 2 year commitment upon switching over from E* at that time. Has anyone had any success at using the end of the commitment period as leverage to receive some kind of discount on D* packages, i.e. I was going to request they give me the same offer of 12 months of $21.00 credit for any package I choose as they are offering to new customers on their website, plus 3 months of HBO, Starz and Showtime Free.

Any experience people have on this topic would be well appreciated.

:):):):):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)