2011-12 NFL Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it depends more on how their competition develops than the Raiders do to determine what their record will be. I say this because they play Buffalo, Detroit, Minnesota, Chicago, Cleveland and Miami. Those could all be easy wins or huge losses depending on if the changes to those teams improve them. Split the division games, steal one or two of the other games against New York, New England, Houston, and Green Bay and they could crack .500.

I wouldn't be shocked at 7-9 from the Chiefs, even if they play better than last year. Lions, Vikings, Colts in the first 4 weeks, and could easily go on a 5-game skid in November with @ Patriots, v Steelers, @ Bears, @ Jets, v Packers. Only other non-division games not mentioned already are against the Bills and Dolphins both in KC.

Well, I am desperately hoping that this new contract with Wimbley will gt us Zack.

EDIT: According to the SF Chronicle, the Raiders were $10 million over the salary cap as opposed to $17 million you stated(this was before the Wembley signing. Not saying I do not believe you, but there seems to be a huge difference between your calculation and the local paper in the Bay area. There has to be somewhere that has the exact figure. I have done some looking around and it varies from as low as $10 million to as high as $22 milion over.

Read more: RAIDERS / Space created for Miller, but will he re-sign?

It's not "my calculation", there's a link in my post as to where I got that from.

Greg Papa is reporting that the Raiders will re-sign Miller "Davis didn't just give Wimbley $29 million to lose Zach Miller to Tom Cable "

It's not "my calculation", there's a link in my post as to where I got that from.

Greg Papa is reporting that the Raiders will re-sign Miller "Davis didn't just give Wimbley $29 million to lose Zach Miller to Tom Cable "

And I did not say it was your calculation. I read the link you posted. After reading it, I have read multiple different post with a range like I mentioned before.

I read the Greg "touchddddoooooowwwwwnnnn Raaaaaiiiiiders!" Papa post... from his mouth to Zach's agent ears!

Rex Ryan getting a tattoo is NEWS??!! Really? Seriously?:rolleyes::confused:

OH well.... anything to get a sound bite from this years foot in the mouth comment("can someone please step up and beat the Pats other than us....?") ...:cool:

Top of the hour NFL news:

-Miami fans booed Chad Henne in practice yesterday and chanted "Kyle Orton". Poor Chadwick. :(

-It could be worse Miami. With Peyton Manning on PUP, the four QBs taking snaps in Colts camp are Dan Orlovsky, Nate Davis, Mike Hartline and Curtis Painter. Yikes!

-Texans Pro Bowl WR Andre Johnson left morning practice with a dislocated left index finger.

-Colts signed former Eagles and Lions LB Ernie Sims.

-Former Steelers K Jeff Reed worked out in Seattle today for the Seahawks. The Seahawks recently lost Olindo Mare to the Panthers.

-Only in Cleveland: Browns Punter, Reggie Hodges whiffed on a kick and hurt his foot. Without being touched! He pulled a Charlie Brown for chrissakes! Had to be carted off the field. Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

Notable quote:

"This kid Julio Jones is the real deal. He's the best incoming receiver I've ever played with. Come to think of it, it's not even close." -Tony Gonzalez

-Miami fans booed Chad Henne in practice yesterday and chanted "Kyle Orton". Poor Chadwick. :(

-Only in Cleveland: Browns Punter, Reggie Hodges whiffed on a kick and hurt his foot. Without being touched! He pulled a Charlie Brown for chrissakes! Had to be carted off the field. Good Grief!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two things that stood for me from your comment was the above. First, the serious. I heard about that as well as saw it on the local sports news...truly classless by the Dolphin fans. Look, there are two ways to looking at this QB issue in Miami, either do something monumental to fix it(which the ownership didn't) or "love the one your with"...which the 'Dolfans' didn't. And EVEN if they were to have gotten Orton, was he a good enough QB to get you OVER the Pats and the Jets...nope, no way no how.

And then there is the issue with your punter...I swear that I got a mental picture after I read it and I could not stop laughing for a good 5 minutes!! LMAO! I could almost hear him screaming "medic! mmeeeddddiiiiccccc!!!!"

The two things that stood for me from your comment was the above. First, the serious. I heard about that as well as saw it on the local sports news...truly classless by the Dolphin fans. Look, there are two ways to looking at this QB issue in Miami, either do something monumental to fix it(which the ownership didn't) or "love the one your with"...which the 'Dolfans' didn't. And EVEN if they were to have gotten Orton, was he a good enough QB to get you OVER the Pats and the Jets...nope, no way no how.

And then there is the issue with your punter...I swear that I got a mental picture after I read it and I could not stop laughing for a good 5 minutes!! LMAO! I could almost hear him screaming "medic! mmeeeddddiiiiccccc!!!!"

Lol! Well, don't laugh too hard. Apparently it's serious....

Cleveland Browns punter Reggie Hodges out for year with torn Achilles!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!

Cleveland Browns punter Reggie Hodges out for year with torn Achilles | cleveland.com

OMG, understatement of the year for Raider fans....

Jacoby Ford, and Louis Murphy budding talents and could be very good wide receivers. Chaz Schilens and Darius Heyward Bey have the talent, but haven't shown up at the NFL level yet. Regardless there is a lot of potential, but the Raiders need the protection that Miller offers to give those receivers a chance. The Raiders should have franchised tagged Miller when they had the chance, now they will need to throw big dollars at Miller to keep him. Miller is a top five tight end in the NFL and the Raiders would be incredibly foolish to let him walk away.

Pay Zach Miller whatever he wants and keep in Silver in Black.

Raiders need to find a way to keep TE Zach Miller: Fan's take - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

OK....getting those BAD butterflies in my gut....*think happy thoughts....think happy thoughts....*

salsadancer7 said:
Wow....no longer laughing! What I cannot understand is HOW do you end up with such a drastic and serious injury without running and not being touched?!

Not sure. It's either Cleveland luck or being rushed into action too soon. With this shortened preseason, I bet we see a bunch more injuries with these guys having an entire preseason workload crammed into 2 weeks of action.

Not sure. It's either Cleveland luck or being rushed into action too soon. With this shortened preseason, I bet we see a bunch more injuries with these guys having an entire preseason workload crammed into 2 weeks of action.

Yeah, I am expecting some of the ugliest football ever displayed during this years preseason. Hell, I would not be surprised if it carried over into the 1st 2 weeks into the regular season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelo Dundee, Trainer of Ali and Leonard, Dies at 90

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts