2011 SatGuys FFL

I love going undefeated ... Just means I will probably be ousted in the first playoff game ... At least that's what always happens to me in MLB fantasy :( :( :(

cosmo_kramer said:
Free-agent pickup of the year (so far): DeMarco Murray - 25 carries, 253 yards, 1 TD

Shocked to hear Emmitt Smith didn't do better ... Seemed like against the giants he ran back and forth, back and forth, and then back and forth again

Welp... looks like we've got the first team to advance to the 2011 AGS Championship Game......... ME!!!!!!!

As for who I'm going to play for the title, looks like Chris Kreager (Sabres?) needs at least 2 points out of Seattle's defense to beat KY Thunder.

Matt,

Do you realize how close our race was?? I finished one game behind you and you beat me by one point in week 1. In week 1, Nate Kaeding blew out his knee on the opening kickoff, so I got no points from him.

I was the second highest scorer for the season, but finished out of the playoffs...:rant:

Matt,

Do you realize how close our race was?? I finished one game behind you and you beat me by one point in week 1. In week 1, Nate Kaeding blew out his knee on the opening kickoff, so I got no points from him.

I was the second highest scorer for the season, but finished out of the playoffs...:rant:

I didn't realize all of that. I knew I squeaked one out against you earlier on in the year though. Don't worry though. I won't let your playoff miss go down in vain. Now that I finished off the #1 seed by a score of 141-110, I plan on having my way with whoever's next. ;)

I may be wrong, but I think the playoffs are for 2 weeks and your game will continue next week, with the finals weeks 16 & 17.

A 4 team playoff would typically mean 2 games to decide a championship. It's usually 1 and done, just like a real game. Perhaps I don't understand how this league is setup? Looking at the playoff schedule, it looks like Round 1 is Weeks 14 and 15 and Round 2 is Weeks 16 and 17? I'm assuming they take the total points scored in each 2 games and determine a winner for each round that way? If so, I've never heard of a playoff setup that way. Kinda odd. Who setup this league? Can they confirm??

A 4 team playoff would typically mean 2 games to decide a championship. It's usually 1 and done, just like a real game. Perhaps I don't understand how this league is setup? Looking at the playoff schedule, it looks like Round 1 is Weeks 14 and 15 and Round 2 is Weeks 16 and 17? I'm assuming they take the total points scored in each 2 games and determine a winner for each round that way? If so, I've never heard of a playoff setup that way. Kinda odd. Who setup this league? Can they confirm??
ESPN's FF has been that way as long as I've played. Total points in 14 & 15 then 16 & 17 make up each round. I personally like it, but what I'm not big on is including week 17 when some big name players may sit or get limited time. I can look to see about changing that if we do it again next year....

ESPN's FF has been that way as long as I've played. Total points in 14 & 15 then 16 & 17 make up each round. I personally like it, but what I'm not big on is including week 17 when some big name players may sit or get limited time. I can look to see about changing that if we do it again next year....

I've been in another FFL with ESPN as the host and we've never played this way. As a past commish, you have the option to setup a playoff any way you wish. And yeah, having it go until week 17 is not good.

I've been in another FFL with ESPN as the host and we've never played this way. As a past commish, you have the option to setup a playoff any way you wish.

I probably left all the defaults in place. For next year, we can look at weeks 15 & 16 for the two rounds and avoid week 17.

In the end, it was Timothy Tebow that came back to bite me. He scored -1 points for me in the final game of the season. I could've started my 2nd round draft pick (Peyton Manning) and it would've been better for me on the scoreboard. Ugh!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts