2013 AL Central

Could be that JV's workload/pitch count numbers are starting to catch up to him.

From ESPN, JV's average fastball velocity the past few seasons through May 15:

2009: 95.6 (max: 101.0)
2010: 95.5 (max: 101.1)
2011: 94.8 (max: 101.4)
2012: 93.7 (max: 100.3)
2013: 92.2 (max: 97.1)

Could be that JV's workload/pitch count numbers are starting to catch up to him.

From ESPN, JV's average fastball velocity the past few seasons through May 15:

2009: 95.6 (max: 101.0)
2010: 95.5 (max: 101.1)
2011: 94.8 (max: 101.4)
2012: 93.7 (max: 100.3)
2013: 92.2 (max: 97.1)

I hope not. But every great pitched has periods in their career where their arms gets tired, listless or sore. Of course, all the greats pitches learn to change how they pitched when this happens - Jim Palmer would be a great example.

I hope not. But every great pitched has periods in their career where their arms gets tired, listless or sore. Of course, all the greats pitches learn to change how they pitched when this happens - Jim Palmer would be a great example.

That doesn't happen till much later in his career, as far as changing the way he pitches.

He'll be fine.

We've got Ricky P. taking the mound tonight in Arlington. Could be a long night for the good guys wearing Ye Ole English D.
Or Not !!!

Porcello pitched into the 6th and allowed 1 run .... I'll take that from him EVERY time out :)

Porcello has pitched pretty good since his meltdown a month ago (or whenever it was)

Or Not !!!

Porcello pitched into the 6th and allowed 1 run .... I'll take that from him EVERY time out :)

Porcello has pitched pretty good since his meltdown a month ago (or whenever it was)

I'll have do some research on this subject, but it seems like Porcello pitches his best games when JV pitches his worst. Anyway, Sanchez on the mound this evening. Go Tigers!

"I'll buy that for a dollar." :)

OMG,
Watching the Tigers tonight .... Andrus steals 2nd (Yes, the same guy I keep hoping the Tigers would pick up to be thier SS).
He would have been OUT at second had Peralta bothered to CATCH the ball ... Worse case, Andrus would be safe and on 2nd instead of 3rd ... and they gave the ERROR to AVILA, even though the ball went right over the bag about a foot off the ground.

Hopefully they will look at this and change it to Peralta's error.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)