2013 AL Central

Tigers win today and gain in the standings ...

Cleveland IMPLODED against the Red Sox in the 9th when Indians Closer Perez had to leave the game after loading the bases ...

Tigers now up 1.5 games.

Whats with these 2 game series, we had one with Cleveland last week ...

As you mentioned, the play the Pirates tomorrow, it will be another "Must See TV" day as J. Verlander goes again, it will be Must See, to see if he has his game together again, otherwise it could be excruciating to watch ...

Also, game time is 1pm another day game, which is good because the Red Wings play in the evening.

Jhonny Peralta is quietly having a fantastic year at the plate; 4 for 4 this afternoon with 3 RBIs. Tigers are up 5-3 in the 7th inning.

I was gonna bring that very issue up earlier but forgot about it.

It's quite amazing how he can be playing soooo much better at the plate this year vs last.

It's like he alternates good and bad years at the plate. We should bench him next year because he's going to suck once again. Go figure!

Well, others wanted them to go with Santiago at SS this year and dump Peralta, maybe they can play Santiago next year and put Peralta on the DL for the year ... (incapable of playing like the even numbered years) think MLB would question this at all ?

They said Peralta lost a lot of weight over the off season and that he felt much better, and so far the difference has been STUNNING.

Could be...I always thought we had a number of players (pitched and non-pithers) who would be more productive if they lost 20-pounds.

Well, others wanted them to go with Santiago at SS this year and dump Peralta, maybe they can play Santiago next year and put Peralta on the DL for the year ... (incapable of playing like the even numbered years) think MLB would question this at all ?

They said Peralta lost a lot of weight over the off season and that he felt much better, and so far the difference has been STUNNING.

I talked to my mom a short while ago. It's been raining all day in the Metro Detroit area and they are forecasting more rain tonight. It's beginning to look like tonight's game against Pittsburgh will be cancelled, which always makes for a strange schedule later in the year.

I talked to my mom a short while ago. It's been raining all day in the Metro Detroit area and they are forecasting more rain tonight. It's beginning to look like tonight's game against Pittsburgh will be cancelled, which always makes for a strange schedule later in the year.

Yeah it has been absolutely pouring today in Fenton. It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get to Comerica depending on traffic but if this keeps up I wouldn't expect them to play tonight. The sun is peeking out a little bit for the first time today though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I think they'll make every effort to play the game due to it being Pittsburgh, but there is only so much you can do with a soggy outfield.

Yeah it has been absolutely pouring today in Fenton. It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get to Comerica depending on traffic but if this keeps up I wouldn't expect them to play tonight. The sun is peeking out a little bit for the first time today though.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Somewhat surprised the Tigers are playing tonight, but even more surprised the game is scoreless going into the 7th inning.

Both pitchers cruzing tonight.

Porcello looking GREAT, has 11 K's so far, don't think he's ever had that many.
Also don't remember him ever having a complete game, he's only at 95 pitches.