2013 AL Central

He blew it...and in spectacular fashion. I cannot be any more disappointed in this team than I am right now. I don't know why we didn't bring Max back out to pitch the 9th. I need a beer!!!

He was already at 118 pitches at the end of the 8th, however, he hit 96 mph in the 8th also.

Last week there was talk that the Tigers were still looking for bullpen help and were still looking for the right piece, of course it will come at a very steep price seeing the teams KNOW the Tigers are desperate.

May as well look now at teams with good/ above avg. closers that are falling out of the race.

(btw, I STILL wanted them to get Soriano when he was available .... look at the season he's having in Washington.)

Soriono has 14 saves, but 3 Blown saves so far ... Valverde now has 2 blown.

5 HRs by the Tigers including a Grand Salami by Cabrera. Miggy has hit 12 of his 17 HRs on the road and at least two of those balls would have stayed in the park at Comerica. Orioles Park is certainly hitter friendly.

5 HRs by the Tigers including a Grand Salami by Cabrera. Miggy has hit 12 of his 17 HRs on the road and at least two of those balls would have stayed in the park at Comerica. Orioles Park is certainly hitter friendly.

Staying in Comerica, doesn't surprise anyone ...
It's still much deeper than most parks.
Remember most of the parks that are New parks went with the much smaller park so they could pad thier HR totals, Cabrera hitting more on the road than at home makes sense.

Porcello is having another very good game so far. They need to get him a couple more runs.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

What the heck kind of bunt was that by Avila? He should have just handed the ball to the catcher. Also, how show can you be to hit into a double play after bunting the ball to the catch and having the ball first go to 3rd base? I don't know why Avila is batting a buck 70.

Well, as usually, the Tigers fade after the 7th inning. They should have won 3-of-4 from Pittsburgh, but instead lost 3-of-4 and they lost 2-of-3 to the Orioles, but they should have swept that series. Anyway, I'm so disgusted that I'll check back with the club after the All-Star break.

I slept thru most of the Tigers game today, haven't been feeling all that well lately, is it then Tigers causing it ?

I apparently didn't miss anything during the Tigers game.

Gonna try to watch the Blackhawks tonight.

I felt pretty good...until the bottom of the 7th inning. I don't mind a loss, but these scenario keeps playing out far too often. And yes, the Tigers are making you sick. ;)

I slept thru most of the Tigers game today, haven't been feeling all that well lately, is it then Tigers causing it ?

I apparently didn't miss anything during the Tigers game.

Gonna try to watch the Blackhawks tonight.

I felt pretty good...until the bottom of the 7th inning. I don't mind a loss, but these scenario keeps playing out far too often. And yes, the Tigers are making you sick. ;)

Porcello is pitching much better this year, while not getting ANY credit for it as he has no record for his last 4 games as the team ends up losing it later.

Porcello was tagged with the loss this afternoon after Coke let the Orioles score two base runners. Coke is quickly becoming this year's Brad Penny. :(

I don't know, Coke gave up a bloop single and a jam shot for a hit.... is that really BAD pitching ?

That said, you hope that the guy you bring in to relieve, gets out of the jam without scoring ... otherwise, you could have left the Starter in ...

6.06 ERA after 16 relief appearances = Bad Pitching IMO.

I'm gonna break that down a bit further, lets see how about TODAY.
Ya his numbers (isn't everything based on a number) at least were not hearing about WAR and all the other micrcoanalysing numbers.
His numbers today would suck too seeing he gave up 2 hits ... actually, I was wrong, hHIS numbers possibly improved, seeing HE didn't get credit for giving up the runs ...
Thats always confused me too ... relever comes in with guys on base and lets them score and he doesn't get the credit for letting them in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)